This is not a 16-hour nap. We promise an engaging classroom environment filled with like-minded individuals who want to understand why software development is leaving waterfall for Scrum.
Upon passing the CSM exam, you will be recognized as a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) by the Scrum Alliance. The CSM distinction is the first step in becoming a Certified Scrum Professional.
No PowerPoint marathons! Our training is full of group exercises that will keep you engaged and having fun.
Certified Scrum Master Workshop Description
Through a combination of immersive team-based learning, exercises, and real-world case studies, you will:
- Become a Master of Scrum and understand your responsibilities as a ScrumMaster and other Scrum roles (Product Owner and Development Team)
- Learn how to facilitate all the Scrum ceremonies (sprint planning, daily scrum, retrospective, review) with confidence with recommended, proven activities
- Know how to create and employ the Scrum artifacts (Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Burndown Charts)
- Understand the importance of the product increment and definition of “done”
- Learn how to grow high-performing teams that are having fun while delivering value frequently
- Realize how to facilitate cultural change as a ScrumMaster within your organization
- Earn 14 SEUs and 14 PDUs
- BONUS: Prepare to pass the CSM Exam by taking our practice exam (We have a 99% pass rate)
“Loved the class. Very good combination of slides and teamwork. Very interactive. Best workshop I have been to!!”
“Before our team attended scrum training we lacked direction, communication, and accountability. After implementing what was learned in training, the results were profound and immediate. Our teams communicate, prioritize the backlog and write user stories. Executive leadership is impressed with the difference. Getting usable products into clients’ hands has been the most impactful.”
Date/Time: March 22-23, 2017 8:30-5pm
Ticket price includes:
- All class materials
- A one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks
- 10% off any future Agile Velocity workshops
Location: Dallas–Exact location will be determined about a month before the event
David Hawks, Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST)
David Hawks, one of the few Certified Scrum Trainers who is also a Scrum Alliance Certified Enterprise Coach, brings more hands-on expertise to the classroom.
Kert Peterson, Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST)
Kert is an Agile Program / Project Manager with the business fluency and technical expertise to align product development efforts with customer needs and desired business outcomes. He has 15+ years of engineering, marketing, and management experience in both conventional (“waterfall”) and agile (e.g. scrum) software development methodologies. His project assignments have included work for Amazon.com, Canadian Pacific Rail, Dell, NASA and Capital One Financial.
Click here if you have problems with the embedded tickets below.
Save This Event
When & Where