14 PDUs Awarded
Scrum Alliance CSD-Eligible Course
Limited to only 16 registrations, sign-up now in order to ensure your seat is reserved.
No Prerequisites Required
Who should attend?
- Project Managers
- IT Professionals (Architects, BAs, DBAs, Developers, etc.)
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Anyone interested in learning the benefits of Scrum
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) is an in-depth two day immersion into the world of Scrum. The course is full of practical, real world techniques that can be implemented immediately at your workplace. This course will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. Hands-on exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the benefits of Scrum firsthand.
Course Learning Objectives:
- The advantages that Scrum brings to your organization
- A solid understanding of the Scrum framework
- Your role and responsibilities as the ScrumMaster
- The fundamentals of Agile Leadership (Servant Leadership)
- Facilitation skills that will help you succeed in your new role
- The importance of quickly uncovering roadblocks and clearing them for your team
- Tracking team performance with Agile Earned Value Management and burn down/up charts
- Considerations for implementing Scrum throughout your enterprise
- Increase customer satisfaction and time-to-market delivery
- Properly align your development efforts around building the highest business value features first
- Gain organizational trust and improve your team’s reputation for on-time and on-budget delivery, by setting them up for frequent success
- Experience higher team morale and productivity with a fundamental shift in management style
- Focus your personal efforts on the highest value tasks that will have an immediate impact on your team’s level of success
- Improve communications through transparency and “pull” versus “push” systems
- Achieve greater flexibility and bring value to your organization by adding another tool to your toolbox
- Thorough understanding of Scrum
- A new outlook on the way you manage projects and lead your team
- The knowledge necessary for incorporating Scrum practices into your working environment
- A one year membership to the Scrum Alliance
- Eligibility to sit for the Certified ScrumMaster assessment
About The Instructor: Jim Schiel
Jim Schiel is a CST with a strong background in enterprise level Scrum installations. His first book, Enterprise Scale Agile Software Development, was published in November 2009 by CRC Press. Schiel worked at Siemens Medical Solutions for 23 years, where he worked initially as a developer, then as a manager for 17 years, eventually playing an instrumental role in creating one of the largest Scrum installations in the world. As a business process engineer at Siemens, he helped identify, document, and implement best practices for the large scale implementation of agile development.
Jim brings many years of management experience, software development experience, and Scrum knowledge to his classes and coaching engagements.
Jim lives in Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania with his wife, Donna, and four children.
In order to receive a refund of your tuition for this course you must notify us no later than 5 days prior to the course start date. Cancellation requests received after the 5 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class.
We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns.
Have questions about Certified Scrum Master (CSM) - Minneapolis, MN?
Contact The Braintrust Consulting Group