Certified Scrum Developer Training, Orange County, CA - April 2017
Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 9:00 AM - Friday, April 7, 2017 at 5:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Agile software development requires a unique approach to the actual writing of code. While there are no “silver bullets,” certain practices are much better at controlling quality, while retaining the flexibility and maintainability required of Agile’s incremental product development approach.
This 3-day Certified Scrum Developer Training, primarily for developers, provides an immersive, hands-on coding experience with a time-tested set of engineering practices including relentless refactoring, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), pair-programming, emergent design & architecture, and many other supporting practices.
Today’s professional developer will appreciate experiencing these practices in a safe, fun, and mildly realistic environment. We run our CSD training with real Agile coding labs throughout.
Rob Myers has been crafting and delivering technical Agile courses since 2001. He makes sure every Certified Scrum Developer training course he delivers is a blend of fun, practical hands-on labs, plus insights gleaned from his experience. Rob has 29 years of professional software development experience, 17 of those years using and coaching Agile engineering practices on successful, and sometimes life-critical, applications.
- A variety of individual practices and how they support each other.
- Core Practices
- Relentless Refactoring*
- Test-Driven Development*
- Continuous Integration*
- Supporting Coding Practices
- Emergent Design & Architecture*
- Pair Programming*
- Collective Ownership*
- Mock Objects
- Experimental Spikes
- Refactoring toward Extensibility
- Legacy Characterization Testing
- Supporting Team Practices
- Team Demos*
- Sit Together*
- Sustainable Pace*
- Story Testing/ATDD/BDD
- Creative Slack
- CRC Cards
- Core Practices
*These are experienced in Depth. Others are as-needed, at the instructor’s discretion, and as time permits
- A clear understanding of why our industry needs professional development & engineering practices.
- A clear understanding of why these particular practices are well-suited for Agile frameworks such as Scrum & Kanban.
- Techniques for teams and individuals to realistically stick to these practices in a disciplined way.
Please note that this workshop represents the 3-day technical aspect of a 5-day Certified Scrum Developer training program. To obtain the CSD, you must have earned the CSM credential. Participants who do not yet have the CSM may take it later (a 2-day training) and then finish the CSD credential.
Students will receive 24 SEU's upon completion of the class.
- Solid familiarity with an Agile framework such as Scrum, XP, or Kanban. This can be from at least 4 months on a coached Agile team, from fundamental Kanban or Scrum training (e.g., Certified Scrum Master), or from Agile Institute’s own Essential Agile Principles & Practices course.
- A computer with a prepared development environment. Students will be pair programming in this course and we will need at least 1 working computer for every two students.
If you need assistance, please contact Cliff Rosa at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 714-699-4679.
Save This Event
When & Where
Rob Myers, Trainer, Hosted by Rocket Nine Solutions
Rob Myers has over 30 years of professional experience in software development, and has been coaching teams on TDD, Scrum, and XP practices since 1998. He has been delivering Agile technical courses since 2002. His courses are always a blend of fun and practical hands-on labs, "Training From the Back of the Room" learning techniques, and relevant first-person stories from both successful and not-so-successful Agile implementations.