Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) 18 Week Refresher Course- Wednesday Evenings
Wednesday, March 8, 2017 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (EST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
What is a Certified Quality Engineer?
"The Certified Quality Engineer is a professional who understands the principles of product and service quality evaluation and control. This body of knowledge and applied technologies include, but are not limited to, development and operation of quality control systems, application and analysis of testing and inspection procedures, the ability to use metrology and statistical methods to diagnose and correct improper quality control practices, an understanding of human factors and motivation, familiarity with quality cost concepts and techniques, and the knowledge and ability to develop and administer management information systems and to audit quality systems for deficiency identification and correction." borrowed from ASQ.org
This 18 week course is for the professional that seeks to develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of the principles of product and service quality evaluation and control. The course, developed from the Body of Knowledge for the esteemed Quality Engineer Certification of the American Society for Quality, serves to prepare one for an upcoming certification exam. Course topics include:
* Human resources
* Basic statistics
* Control charts & process capability
* Metrology & calibration
* Design of Experiments & ANOVA
* Reliability & maintainability
* Statistical inferences & hypothesis
* Quality concepts & costs
* Probabilities, regression & correlation
All course materials are included with the course fee. Each participant will receive a hard copy of the Quality Council of Indiana's CQE Primer. ($80 value)
The next CBT (Computer Based Testing) certification testing for CQE following the completion of this course is scheduled for August 4th – 20th, 2017 (updated due to postponed start date).
- Registrations should be submitted a minimum of 10 days prior to the course start date. A shorter notice may result in the registrant’s study materials (Primer) not being available for the first class.
- RI ASQ reserves the right to cancel this course if a minimum of 5 students is not met. In the event of a cancelation. Registrants will be notified by email within 72 hours of the course start date.
- Course Cancellation: We recognize that issues may arise that affect a student's ability to attend a course. However, because of facility, instructor, and course material commitments, a 15% cancellation fee for cancellations within seven (7) days of the start date will be charged.
This course will be taught by Mike Vidal.
Mike is currently the Engineering Manager at CMT Materials in Attleboro, MA and has held various positions in Engineering and Quality throughout his 24 year career. In that time, he has worked in both high and low volume manufacturing environments and has established New Product Development systems, Quality processes and Lean Initiatives to accelerate company growth. He is holder of seven US patents, a registered Professional Engineer in MA and RI and an ASQ Certified Quality Engineer and Six Sigma Green Belt. He holds a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute and a master's degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Rhode Island and is Six Sigma Black Belt trained by Air Academy Associates.