Actions and Detail Panel
Certified Network Defender (CND) Boot Camp
Mon, Apr 3, 2017, 8:30 AM – Fri, Apr 7, 2017, 4:30 PM CDT
INCLUDES: Exam and 6 months iLabs access
Organizational focus on cyber defense is more important than ever as cyber breaches have a far greater financial impact and can cause broad reputational damage.
Despite best efforts to prevent breaches, many organizations are still being compromised. Organizations must have, as part of their defense mechanisms, trained network engineers who are focused on protecting, detecting, and responding to the threats on their networks.
Students enrolled in the Certified Network Defender course, will gain a detailed understanding and hands on ability to function in real life situations involving network defense. They will gain the technical depth required to actively design a secure network in your organization. This program will be akin to learning math instead of just using a calculator. This course gives you the fundamental understanding of the true construct of data transfer, network technologies, software technologies so that you understand how networks operate, understand what software is automating and how to analyze the subject material.
You will learn how to protect, detect and respond to the network attacks. You will learn network defense fundamentals, the application of network security controls, protocols, perimeter appliances, secure IDS, VPN and firewall configuration. You will then learn the intricacies of network traffic signature, analysis and vulnerability scanning which will help you when you design greater network security policies and successful incident response plans. These skills will help you foster resiliency and continuity of operations during attacks.
- Module 01: Computer Network and Defense Fundamentals.
- Module 02: Network Security Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Attacks.
- Module 03: Network Security Controls, Protocols, and Devices.
- Module 04: Network Security Policy Design and Implementation.
- Module 05: Physical Security.
- Module 06: Host Security.
- Module 07: Secure Firewall Configuration and Management.
- Module 08: Secure IDS Configuration and Management.
- Module 09: Secure VPN Configuration and Management.
- Module 10: Wireless Network Defense.
- Module 11: Network Traffic Monitoring and Analysis.
- Module 12: Network Risk and Vulnerability Management.
- Module 13: Data Backup and Recovery.
- Module 14: Network Incident Response and Management.
Date and Time
Alpine Security - Selsius Training Location (SWIC)
Selsius Corporate Training and Career Center, SWIC
2500 Carlyle Avenue
Belleville, IL 62221