In this 3-day highly-participative course, participants get a thorough introduction to LeSS. And people are introduced to — and practice — Systems Thinking with Causal Loop Modeling. There will also be an in-depth clinic with Craig Larman, the co-creator of LeSS, based on his long experience with Large-Scale Scrum adoptions.
In addition to course material, each participant will also receive 3 books on LeSS:
- Large-Scale Scrum: More with LeSS
- Practices for Scaling Lean & Agile Development: Large, Multisite & Offshore Product Development with Large-Scale Scrum
- Scaling Lean & Agile Development: Thinking and Organizational Tools for Large-Scale Scrum
- Why LeSS?
- Systems Thinking, Organizational Design, and the Contract Game
- LeSS Organizational Design
- LeSS Principles
- LeSS Rules
- Two LeSS Frameworks
- Multiple Feature Teams on One Product
- ScrumMasters in Large-Scale Scrum
- Role of Managers
- Adoption: From Smallish to Huge
- Definition of Done and its Impact on Structure
- Product Owner and the Five Relationships
- Product Backlog: Organizing and Prioritizing Bigger Backlogs
- Product Backlog Refinement with Many Teams
- Sprint Planning with Many Teams
- Coordination and Integration: From Communities to Architecture
- Scaling the Sprint Review and Retrospective
In-Depth Special Topics: A Deep-Dive Q&A Clinic
Although there are some constants in a LeSS adoption, there are many variations, due to myriad contexts. And there are many special-topic questions that participants have, usually variations of “When scaling Scrum, how do we…?” These questions range from “contracts to career path.” Therefore, a full half-day to day of this course is dedicated to a structured Q&A session that works through a group-prioritized list of burning issues and questions. Craig Larman, drawing on his many years of experience of actual LeSS adoptions, will dialog and explore solutions with the group.
After course completion...
All participants will be a Certified LeSS Practitioner and will get an account on less.works. Here they can find additional information about LeSS, share course information and stay in contact with the other course participants.
Save This Event
Improving Enterprises - Dallas
5445 Legacy Drive
Improving believes that the best way to learn is through the application of knowledge in real-world environments. We specialize in creating situated, hands-on learning solutions for our customers in the areas of agile processes, object-oriented design, and test-driven development.