Actions and Detail Panel
Certified Kanban Training
Mon, June 5, 2017, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM CEST
The Kanban Method
The Kanban Method is a highly comprehensive approach for driving real powerful business impact. In this course the participants learn how to use Kanban for growing their business Agility, making their product and service delivery “fitter for purpose“ and running powerful approaches for change management.
Attending our LKU certified class – the home base of the Kanban Method – you can be sure to get the most out of Kanban.
- Learn how to effectively address the product and service strategy of your organization, the needs of various stakeholders and the involved business risk
- Apply techniques for balancing out customer demand, business risk and an organization’s capability for dramatically improving your competitive position
- Design and/or improve your own Kanban systems based upon a powerful system’s thinking approach for organizational development
- Prepare your own Kanban initiative to be rolled out or coached at your own organization or for your own clients
- Run various interactive games and simulations, maximizing your learning experience together with a highly experienced facilitator and also with your peers
Who is this for?
This LKU certified Kanban class is for anyone, who wants to lead making a product or service organization fitter for its competitive position. Whether you are a manager, product owner, Scrum Master, team member or coach – if you want to learn the full Kanban body of knowledge or deepen / refresh your knowledge around the Kanban method, this is the right place to be. The foundation class is equally for starters and for all, who want to go really deep with Kanban, or want to expand their existing Kanban knowledge significantly.
- Setting the context for Kanban: how to foster business agility for organizations, projects, product and service delivery. Kanban concepts, principles, practices and values
- Elaborating internal and external drivers for change and generating improvement options
- Practical techniques for visualizing knowledge work in Kanban
- Understanding and applying WIP limits
- Business risk management via service classes
- Using metrics („fitness criteria“) and data-driven decisions for continuous improvement
- Designing feedback loops on different organizational levels
- Kanban system design for concrete Kanban systems
- Successfully starting and leading Kanban initiatives
- Aspects for integrating Kanban with other frameworks (e.g. Scrum, SAFe, ITIL)
The class includes the LeanKanban University „Foundation Level“ certificate of completion. If you want to go further at a later stage, this enables you together with another Advanced class to receive the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) credential. In addition, participants of this Kanban class are eligible for 16 SEU (Scrum Education Units) for their Scrum Alliance CSP certificate and 16 PDUs as PMI members (e.g. for extending their PMP or PMI-ACP certificate).
Included with the Training Package
- Foundation Level Certificate of completion via LeanKanban University
- Training materials (in electronic PDF format)
- Minutes of the class via a collection of photos
- Lunch as well as soft drinks and snacks during breaks
Your trainer for this course
This course is lead by Mike Leber, an experienced manager, Agile coach and Accredited Kanban trainer via LeanKanban University - the homebase of the Kanban Method. With his own company network Agile Experts e.U. Mike partners with Sprint Consulting to provide most effective ways for growing and leading more Agile organizations. Mike’s clients are large international groups, but also smaller teams or innovative startups. Mike is also a licensed „Management 3.0“ facilitator, in addition offering totally new ways for leading organizations.