Actions and Detail Panel
Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) - New York
Mon, Aug 21, 2017, 8:00 AM – Tue, Aug 22, 2017, 5:00 PM EDT
Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) Workshop
With today's rapid pace of change, most leaders understand that Organizational Agility is now necessary for obtaining optimum Business Performance. This is often why they have transitioned to agile product development.
But the results are in. We now know that allowing development organizations to adopt agile practices is simpy not enough. If leaders do not Embrace Agility and provide their teams with the environment and support they need to be successful, they will simply not achieve the kind of outcomes that more agile organizations are achieving.
In this workshop we will make the case that Agile Leadership is the foundation for Organizational Agility.
This workshop is focused on what leaders will need to do in order to actively embrace agility and better prepare them to positively influence the culture of their organizations.
We'll help leaders understand what it will take to be a sucesssful leader within an agile organization and provide them with the tools that they need to achieve true Organazational Agility.
KEY TOPICS YOU'LL DISCUSS
Over the course of the workshop, you'll learn about:
- The failure of legacy methods
- Technological advancements and their relationship to how we develop products
- The impact of moving work across teams and across shores
- Management trends that have brought us to where we are today
- The complexity and uncertainty of work
- Increasing engagement of employees, stakeholders, and customers
- Trust and collaboration within your organization
- Agile principles and frameworks
- Characteristics of high performing teams
- Leadership Agility
- Leadership challenges when scaling agile
- Leadership attitudes toward risk and change
- Agile approaches to organizational change
- Agile organizational structures and metrics
- Governance policies within an agile organization
As an engineering executive, agile transformation lead, and change leader, Don MacIntyre has led successful transformations in organizations ranging from the Fortune 100 to late-state startups in both executive and consultant capactities. Having held senior leadership positions in numerous successful organizations provides Don with a unique perspective on what it takes to be a truly successful agile leader.
Don’s Certified Agile Leadership workshop is designed to help leaders prepare for what it will take to achieve true organizational agility. Future leaders are welcome to attend.
Each attendee is assumed to have basic knowledge of Scrum. To help assure that everyone is on the same page, it is expected that everyone will take some time to review the current 17 page Scrum Guide located at:
It is also assumed that everyone will review the Agile Manifesto and associated Principles prior to the workshop.
Most importantly, I’d like each of you to spend some time considering the last Agile transformation in which you participated and be prepared to discuss the:
- Pre-Existing Situation
- Perceived Need for Change
- Approach to Transformation
A 5-10 minute verbal description of the above (using a white board if necessary) is all that is required.
Total pre-work should not exceed 2-3 hours.
Each participant who engages fully in the workshop will be awarded the Scrum Aliance CAL certification.
If you have any questions regarding the CAL workshop, please don't hesitate to send mail to email@example.com