CEO Series May 13: What should a board of directors do?
Thursday, May 13, 2010 from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM (CDT)
Judy Bryson, President and CEO of Pioneer Clubs, a chiildren's club ministry, both works with a board of directors and has served on association boards, so she knows board inside and out.
About the CEO Series:
The CEO series meets on the second Thursday of each month, from 8-10 a.m. Networking starts at 8; participants move into the meeting room at 8:30, and the presentation/Q&A wrap up by 10, although the presenter may be available for more discussion after that.
This series is presented at no charge to
area CEOs by its organizers, the principals of three local firms dedicated to
helping Chicago area businesses succeed:
• Ellen Huxtable of Advantage Business Concepts • www.advantage-biz.com
• Bill Price of GrowthLaw • www.growthlaw.com
• Paul Lloyd of Zuk-Lloyd Associates, Inc. • www.zuklloyd.com
The CEO Series organizers thank their cosponsors for helping to get the word out about the series and, in the case of Second Chance Coffee, for fresh-roasted as well as fresh-brewed coffee at the events. The current cosponsors:
• College of DuPage Small Business Development Center
• Joseph Associates International
• Second Chance Coffee
• Fox Valley Computing Professionals
• Congregational Church of Batavia Small Business Networking Group
• The Entrepreneurial Roundtable, University of Chicago-Booth Graduate School of Business
• Knapp Center for Entrepreneurship, Illinois Institute of Technology
• Valley Community Bank
Questions about the series? Or interested in becoming a series cosponsor? Either way, contact event chair Bill Price at 800.630.4780 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you missed earlier presentations, video from the Fall 2009 CEO Series can be accessed through the links at www.growthlaw.com/ceo_series.
When & Where
Growthlaw, ABC Business Concepts and ZukLloyd Associates, Inc.
This series is the cooperative project of three local firms dedicated to helping DuPage County businesses. GrowthLaw is a business-focused law firm dedicated to helping client businesses grow. ZukLloyd Associates provides complete marketing services, from concept through execution. ABC Business Concepts offers customized solutions for your business on everything from effective time management through structuring for growth and recognizing strategic opportunities.