San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- Hosted by: USF Student Innovation Incubator
- Cost: $10 paid at the door (lunch included)
- FREE for Tampa Bay Technology and Student Innovation Incubator companies
About The Speaker
CEO & Founder of Ciccio Restaurant Group
Originally from New Jersey, Jeff relocated to Florida in 1971. He attended Florida State University, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in Film Studies. From there, Jeff went on to earn his Master of Arts from the Burt Reynolds Institute for Film and Theatre. Jeff took his talents to the Big Apple in 1991, with the dream of becoming a successful actor. Like most aspiring actors, Jeff entered the restaurant industry, where he was groomed and cultured by some of the best restauranteurs in New York City. In 1996, Jeff brought the knowledge and training he acquired in NYC’s highly competitive restaurant market back to Tampa, opening Ciccio and Tony’s. The restaurant thrived, and Jeff is now the Caesar of a small empire of restaurants in the Tampa Bay area. A Renaissance man, Jeff’s other entrepreneurial endeavors include internet and mobile marketing and land development. In his free time, Jeff enjoys playing high stakes poker. He also is the manager/agent of the 2010 World Series of Poker Main Event runner-up, John Racener.
Moderator: Vick Tipnes, CEO of Blackstone Medical Services
When & Where
USF CONNECT is the business and economic development initiative of the University of South Florida (USF) that provides support for technology start-ups and serves as the point of entry for companies looking to do business with USF.
- Drives economic development through several programs including Tampa Bay Technology Incubator (TBTI), Student Innovation Incubator (SII), and the Florida High Tech Corridor Council’s (The Corridor) Matching Grants Research Program
- Unites technology and talent with businesses throughout a 23 county region, providing access to top-tier research, faculty, students, inventors, local organizations, economic development councils, supporting industry and capital funding sources
- Facilitates the needs of Tampa Bay's technology and bio/life sciences entrepreneurs throughout the business life cycle by providing professional amenities and resources for successful business development and technology commercialization