Who should attend?
Farmers, growers and food processors who:
• Need to comply with FSMA produce safety rule, preventive controls rule or both. e.g., producers growing leafy
greens, tomatoes, berries, cucumber, etc. and/or processing them into ready-to-eat products.
• Are exempt from the rule but need to comply with the rules due to supply chain constraints
• Entrepreneurs in processed food business
• Want to remain up-to-date with the FSMA regulations and how to comply with them
What will you get from attending this workshop?
• In-depth understanding of the requirements of produce safety and preventive control rules
• Hands-on experience in writing food safety plans that required under the FSMA rules
• Completion certificates required to develop food safety plans
• Guidance regarding food safety risks and how to mitigate them
How much does it cost?
$20 for Produce Safety training only
$40 for Prevention Control rule training only or
$50 for hybrid training (both topics)
Where will it be held?
Each is a 4-day workshop with one day for produce safety training and 3 days for preventive controls training. This series takes place at University of Maryland Extension, Baltimore County Extension.
University of Maryland Extension, Baltimore County
1114 Shawan Road
Cockeysville, Maryland 21030