Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND PLEASE SHOW UP TO REGISTER AT 8AM.
Brooks Rehabilitation will be offering a two part continuing education course on Regenerative Medicine at our annual Celebrate Independence event. Attend both sessions and earn 2 contact hours (.2 CEUs) for FREE!
8:00 AM Registration
8:30 AM Session 1 begins
9:30 AM Break
9:40 AM Session 2 begins
4019 Boulevard Center Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32207
Stephan Esser, MD, USPTA – Fellowship Trained Non-Operative Sports and Spine Specialist
Sara Cristello PT, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT
Laura Fitzgerald PT, DPT, OCS, Fellow in Training –Brooks Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy Fellowship
Regenerative Medicine: Healing the body from within!
This course will define Regenerative Medicine for the audience. It will describe the history of regenerative medicine (i.e., stem cells and PRP) and current practice/protocols. A review of published literature on regenerative medicine will be discussed with an emphasis on cost, indications, outcomes, and safety. Additionally the implications of regenerative medicine in the practice of rehabilitations specialists will be discussed.
At the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a foundational knowledge as it relates to regenerative medicine, orthobiologic medicine, stem cells and platelets as related to orthopedic care
- Understand the state of science as it relates to the application of stem cells and platelets to orthopedic patient care
- Be able to identify reasonable candidates for regenerative medicine as it relates to orthopedic care
- Will demonstrate knowledge of the process involved in harvesting and applying regenerative cells in patient care
- Define regenerative medicine and explain this type of medicine to their patients
- Understand the current issues around cost, indications, outcomes and safety for regenerative medicine
- Understand their role as rehab professionals in regenerative medicine and integrate this into their current practice
We would also love for you to attend the keynote presentation from Dr. Beck Weathers after a very special award ceremony at 11:15 AM.