Celebrate Diwali! - Where East Meets West
Tuesday, November 27, 2012 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM (EST)
Silver Spring, MD
Join us for an evening of Dance, Comedy, Poetry, Meditation, a Laser Light show, Blessings, Gifts and a Special Interfaith Conversation celebrating the true meaning of Diwali - the triumph of light over darkness.
This event is free of charge but reservations are required. If you wish to make a tax deductible voluntary contribution towards the Meditation Museum, you are most welcome. For any further question, please call us at 301-588-0144.
Parking/Transportation to the Event:
1. Metro: Silver Spring exit, walk down either Georgia Ave or East West Hwy to the point where the two roads meet, about a half a mile from the metro, about an 11 - 13 minute walk.
2. NEW Public Parking under the Galaxy Apartments located at 8025 13th Street, Silver Spring, Maryland. Fee: $0.75 per hour until 7 pm. Do not park in reserved spaces. A two block walk to the Cultural Arts Center. Galaxy Apartment Public Parking Garage
3. Kennett Street Public Parking Garage located at 8040 Kennett Street, Silver Spring, Maryland. Fee: $0.75 per hour until 7 pm. Do not park in reserved spaces marked “PCS.” A two block walk to the Cultural Arts Center. Kennett Street Public Parking
4. On-street Parking Meters in the 8000 block of 13th Street Near the Galaxy Apartments – A two block walk to the Cultural Arts Center.
5. Limited Parking at the Cultural Arts Center – You must only park in “student spaces” from one hour prior to curtain. If you are parked in an illegal space you will be ticketed. Please do not park in spaces that are pre-labeled, with Faculty-Staff, President, Dean, "reserved", or handicap accessible parking designations (unless you have the permit to park there). Montgomery College Limited Parking
When & Where
PARKING AND PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
There is a large garage with metered parking (free on weekends and after 7:00PM on weekdays) one block away on Bonifant street on the same side of Georgia Avenue as the Museum. The garage address is Bonifant-Dixon (Garage 5/55), 1101 Bonifant St, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not park in the Pyramid Atlantic Parking lot next door to the Museum. If you park there your car may be towed. This is a private lot for Pyramid Atlantic customers only.
The Meditation Museum is an easy 10 minute walk from the Silver Spring Metro Station on the Red Line.
THE MEDITATION MUSEUM invites visitors to enhance the quality of their thoughts, their lives and the world around them. The museum is specifically designed to bring us back to a knowledge of our true selves and our responsibility to humanity. Our hope is that everyone who experiences the museum finds his or her own authentic meaning for life.
Visitors will be able to visualize and understand how our thoughts influence the external world through art ranging from pictures, posters, painting and sculpture to music, theater, dance and poetry. All activities support the original integrity of the human being, highlighting strength of character, power of mind and peace. www.bkwsu.org or www.meditationmuseum.org Like Us on Facebook!