Join us this December for the first-ever CEED Entrepreneurship Summit at Access Living! Spend the afternoon with us for opportunities to network with local organizations, a panel presentation with exciting speakers, a Q&A with the research team, and an opportunity to display your work with your business! To cap it all off, we'll wind down the event with a social cocktail hour.
The event is free but registration is required!
- 1:30pm to 3:00pm — Resource Booth
- 3:00pm to 3:30pm — Project Team Q&A
- 3:30pm to 4:30pm — Plenary on Entrepreneurship, Leadership & Disability Employment
- 4:30pm to 5:30pm — Social Networking Hour
(please click on each image for a link to speaker bios)
Karen Tamley, Commissioner of the Chicago Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities
Maria Town, Senior Associate Director for the Office for Public Engagement at the White House & Disability Community Liaison
Stevie Hopkins, Founder and Director of Awesome at 3E Love, LLC.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please contact Nicole Barker, graduate assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Can I update my registration information?
Yes! If you need to update your registration, please contact Nicole Barker as above.
I have a question about accessibility, or I have an accommodation that I need.
We have a space in the registration form so you can tell us as far in advance as possible! Please submit your request by Monday, November 21st at the latest. Access Living is a fully wheelchair-accessible building, with many amenities. Please contact the event organizers as soon as you know what you need, so that we can make sure it's all set up in time for your arrival!
What are my transportation options to get to the event?
Check out Access Living's guide to getting to their building here--includes driving, bus, and train directions.
(Note: the directions for the Brown Line also work for the Purple Line during certain hours--the Chicago Brown Line station is also a stop for the Purple Line Express. Check your CTA timetables to figure out if this is an option for you!)
What are my parking options around Access Living?
Parking is not provided at Access Living or as a part of the event, but there are many nearby options.
- Valet Parking Service, 734 N. Clark St., (312) 332-1134. Hours: Mon-Fri 6:00am to 6:00pm. Entrance: Clark St. Attendant Parking, cash only, # of stalls: 30.
- Standard Parking, 100 W. Chestnut St., (312) 867-7140. Open 24 Hours. Entrance: Clark St. Self Park, Cash or Credit card, Daily/Monthly, # of stalls: 262
- System Parking, 18 W. Chicago Ave. A surface lot next to Lawson YMCA. (312) 944-2913. Open 24 hours. Entrance: Chicago Ave., Pearson St. Self and Attendant Parking, Cash Only, Daily/Monthly, # of stalls: 182.
- InterPark, 750 N. Dearborn St., (312) 986-5842. Open 24 Hours, Entrance: Dearborn St., Self Parking, Cash/credit card, Daily/Monthly, # of stalls: 224.
- Standard Parking, 1 W. Superior St., (312) 867-7140. Open 24 hours, Entrance: State St. or Superior St., Self Parking, Cash/credit card, Daily/Monthly, # of stalls: 657.
- Standard Parking, 25 E. Superior St., (312) 664-5792. Open 24 Hours, Entrances: Huron St., Self Park, Cash/Cred card, Daily/Monthly, # of stalls: 200.
- CPS Parking, 324 W. Huron St., (312) 578-1660, Mon-Fri: 9am - 6pm, Entrance: Huron St., Self/Attendant Parking, Cash/Credit card, Daily/Monthly.
The event is funded through a grant from the Coleman Foundation, and is co-sponsored by Access Living, the Center for Independent Living for the metropolitan Chicago area.