We are excited to invite you to the CEC's second annual 2013 Startup Forecast. We're putting together an all-star line-up of industry luminaries who will share their insights and forecast for startup trends in 2013. Thanks to our sponsor JPMorgan Chase, the event is being hosted in the Chase Auditorium. Check out the highlights from last year's Startup Forecast.
Date: Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Location: Chase Auditorium - Lower Lobby, 10 S Dearborn
8:30 - 9:00: Coffee & Networking
9:00 - 11:30: Speakers & Panel
- Howard Tullman (@tullman), Tribeca Flashpoint Academy - "Trends in Digital"
- Neal Sales-Griffin (@nealsales), The Starter League - "A Starter's Education"
- Brett Goldstein (@ChicagoCDO), City of Chicago - "Open Data and Trends in City Government"
- Lon Chow (@LonChow), Apex Venture Partners- "Startups and Funding"
- Panel: Tech Trends: Harper Reed (@harper), Luke Shepard (@lukeshepard), Marcy Capron (@marcymarcy) and Craig Ulliott (@craigulliott). Moderated by Kevin Willer (@kwiller)
11:30 - Noon: Wrap-up & Networking
When & Where
1871 is an entrepreneurial incubator for digital startups. Home to over 300 companies, the 75,000-square-foot facility in The Merchandise Mart provides Chicago startups with programming, access to mentors, educational resources, potential investors and a community of like-minded entrepreneurs that help them on their path to building successful businesses. Recently ranked 9th in the world in the 2014 UBI Index list of top university-associated business incubators, 1871 has become a global leader in the entrepreneurial community. 1871 is the flagship project of the Chicagoland Entrepreneurial Center.