We are excited to invite you to the CEC's 2012 Startup Forecast. We have a line up of amazing speakers who will share their insights and forecast for startup trends in 2012. Thanks to our sponsor J.P. Morgan Chase, the event is being hosted at the Chase Auditorium.
Date: Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Location: Chase Auditorium - Lower Lobby, 10 S Dearborn
8:30 - 9:00: Coffee & Networking
9:00 - 11:30: Speakers & Panel
11:30 - Noon: Wrap-up & Networking
- Howard Tullman, President & CEO at Tribeca Flashpoint Academy: "Trends in Social Media"
- Harper Reed, former CTO of Threadless: "Building Teams"
- Brett Goldstein, Chief Data Officer at City of Chicago: "Innovations in Government"
- Matt McCall, Partner at New World Ventures: "Capital: Venture and Angel"
- 2012 Predictions from 4 Amazing Entrepreneurs: Neal Sales Griffin of Code Academy, Brittany Laughlin of gtrot, Chuck Templeton of OhSoWe and Matt Spiegel of TapMe. Panel discussion moderated by Kevin Willer
The CEC will also have a couple of surprises to share along the way! Be sure to attend this "can't miss" event to wrap-up 2011 and get geared up for an amazing 2012!
Registration: $10 (cecforecast.eventbrite.com/)
When & Where
1871 is an entrepreneurial incubator for digital startups. Home to over 300 companies, the 75,000-square-foot facility in The Merchandise Mart provides Chicago startups with programming, access to mentors, educational resources, potential investors and a community of like-minded entrepreneurs that help them on their path to building successful businesses. Recently ranked 9th in the world in the 2014 UBI Index list of top university-associated business incubators, 1871 has become a global leader in the entrepreneurial community. 1871 is the flagship project of the Chicagoland Entrepreneurial Center.