San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
9th Annual Conservation Easement Workshop
Hosted by the Madison-Morgan Conservancy and the GA Land Trust
Thursday, September 5, 2013
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Reception to follow
Topics and Speakers include:
- Legal Structure and Ethics of Conservation Easements: Katherine Eddins, GA Land Trust
- Case Law Review: David Wooldridge, Sirote and Permutt, P.C.
- Appraisals that Work: Joe Ball, MAI, Pritchett, Ball, & Wise, Inc.
- GA's Add Back of the Federal Charitable Donation: Stephanie Surles, Howard, Moore, & McDuffie, P.C.
- GA's Conservation Tax Credit: Kristina Sorensen, Conservation Tax Transfer, LLC
When & Where
- Incorporated as Georgia’s first countywide conservancy in 2000, the Conservancy now serves both locally and statewide as a resource for protecting natural, agricultural, and historic resources.
- Through its educational programs, advocacy, and technical assistance, the Conservancy has: 1) helped permanently protect over 2,550 acres in Morgan County through the donation of conservation easements by private landowners, 2) created and published Georgia's first farm trail, FARMeander; 3) inspired private and public investment in the development of Farmview Market; 4) saved and protected numerous historic structures, and 5) led an informal coalition of the state’s land trusts in advocating for a robust Georgia Conservation Tax Credit program.