Faculty from CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases will present a live, two-day comprehensive review of immunization principles, as well as vaccine-preventable diseases and the recommended vaccines to prevent them. The course will feature the most up-to-date immunization information from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). The course will be held on January 10-11, 2017.
The course is designed for anyone seeking the most comprehensive and current knowledge of immunization, including physicians, nurses, medical assistants, pharmacists, immunization providers, program managers, and nursing and medical students. Participants will need to have a basic understanding of biology and immunization. 14 contact hours of continuing education credits will be available at course completion through the CDC (CME, CNE, CECH, CEU, CPE). Partial credit will NOT be given (i.e. 7 hours for attendance at 1 day only).
- Pink Book Requirement
All attendees will need a copy of the Pink Book for this course. You may choose to download it for free from the CDC website or purchase a book with registration (before Nov 15).
1. Purchase with this registration: $46 per book (includes shipping and handling). Book will be provided to you upon check in. Last day to purchase is November 15, 2016.
2. Download for free: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/index.html
- Registration: Pink book is not included in registration fees, but required for attendence. See pink book purchasing options above. Registration payment includes Online and Mail in options (except late registration must be paid with cash or check). Online purchases will include an additional fee paid directly to eventbrite (this website). For Mail in option, complete registration form online and mail check made out to (Hawaii Immunization Coalition) to HIC, 47-581 Hui Kelu St Kaneohe HI 96744. Mail in purchase will not be final until check is received. The check must be received by 2 days after the close of registration date (i.e. Early bird - November 18, Regular - January 7). Confirmation of mail in purchase will be by email. Parking validation will not be provided. No refunds for any requests received after January 4, 2017 at 11:59 PM.
1. Early Bird Registration (2 days) $150 ends November 15, 2016 at 11:59 PM
2. Student Registration (2 days) $150 ends January 4, 2017 at 11:59 PM. Must email proof of current school registration to Napualani_jj@hotmail.com.
3. Travel Scholarship Recipient (2 days) $150 ends January 4, 2017 at 11:59 PM. Scholarship will cover up to $700 for airfare, transportation, and hotel. Go to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1db7XtzbDhqq1P_v_v66LYaRXZMwlZwvfnN4_iO2_oiQ/viewform?c=0&w=1 for directions and application for scholarships.
4. Regular Registration (2 days) $200. Will be available November 16, 2016 at 12:00 AM till January 4, 2017 at 11:59 PM. Choose option to pay online or mail check to: HIC, 47-581 Hui Kelu St. Kaneohe HI 96744. **Check must be received by January 4, 2017 at 11:59 PM to confirm payment at this price.
5. Late Registration (2 days) $300. Any registration after January 4, 2017 must be done at the hotel, the morning of the event. $150 per day.
6. One day only. Early Bird $100 until November 15, 2016 at 11:59 PM. Regular Registration $120 until January 4, 2017 at 11:59 PM. Late registration accepted until morning of event for $150 (per day).
- Agenda (as of 6/24/16):
Day #1 (Vaccine Management, Hawaii Update, Adult Vaccine Focus)
7:00 – 7:45, Registration
8:00-8:15, Course Intro, Objectives
8:15-9:00, Principles of Vaccination
9:00-9:45, General Recommendations
10:05-10:45, General Recommendations
10:45-11:30, Vaccine Shipping and Handling & Administration
11:30-12:00, Hawaii State Update
12:00 - 1:10, Lunch
1:10-1:25, Assessing Adult Immunization History
1:45-2:05, Hepatitis A
2:35-3:00, Hepatitis B
5:20-5:30, Course Summary/Question and Answer/Evaluation
Day #2 (Vaccine Safety and Pediatric Vaccine focus)
8:00-8:30, Vaccine Safety
9:50-10:10, Hepatitis A
11:00-11:30, Hepatitis B
1:10 - 1:30, Polio (IPV)
4:25-4:35, Course Summary/Question and Answer/Evaluation
- Exhibits: Access to Exhibits will be at registration and all breaks. Go to https://immunizehawaii.wordpress.com/pink-book-2016-exhibits/ for more information and to register as an exhibitor. Space is limited to 8 exhibitors.
- Special Hotel Rates for conference attendees for Ala Moana Hotel will be posted by July 15.
- Contact Us
1. Registration questions: Janelle - Napualani_jj@hotmail.com
2. Exhibitors: Judy - email@example.com
3. Scholarships - Gail - firstname.lastname@example.org