Comprehensive Community-Based Youth Services (CCBYS) offer crisis assistance to youth who have run away from home or who cannot otherwise return to live with their parents or legal guardians. This seminar provides crisis workers and new supervisors with the essential information they need to ensure effective practice and comply with the program's regulations. Through a combination of lecture, case study, group exercises, and role-plays, participants will learn how to work with youth and their families, interact effectively with partners in the community, including law enforcement officers, school personnel, and child welfare workers, and initiate effective case management for their clients. In addition to providing information about program guidelines and requirements, the seminar will focus on "best practice" in the field, through cases, group discussions, and linkages to resources.
- Category: Youth Service Training
- Audience: Youth provider staff
- Credits: 6 CEUs will be available for social work and counseling licenses
- Trainer(s): Lisa Thompson and Tiana Cody
- Address: 440 Forest Boulevard, Park Forest, IL 60466