Join us for our first 2017 Chapter Meeting and Workshop event!
Outline of Events
Registration and Socializing
Workshop: Integrating Movement into a Multi-Phasic Treatment Model for Unresolved Trauma
Presented by: Jennifer Edwards, MA, LPCC, BC-DMT eligible
Workshop Learning Objectives:
- Learn a multi-phasic model for treating unresolved trauma that includes stabilization, processing and integration based on the early work of Pierre Janet, as well as current trauma experts.
- Gain basic understanding of how traumatic memory is stored in the brain, and why body based intervention is indicated for trauma processing.
- Gain ability to implement at least one movement based intervention for each phase of trauma treatment.
- Explore movement based interventions through experiential examples during the workshop.
- Discuss ways to integrate body based interventions with other psychological methods indicated for trauma processing.
About the Presenter:
Jennifer Edwards is a dance/movement therapist, licensed professional clinical counselor, and shamanic healer currently in private practice. Prior to launching her private practice, Jennifer spent seven years working as a dance/movement therapist and counselor for a residential treatment center for people suffering from eating disorders. She held multiple roles at this facility including Clinical Director, Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Program Director and Primary Therapist.
Jennifer studied with renowned shaman, Jon Rasmussen, teacher and graduate of the Healing the Light Body School through the Four Winds. With him, she traveled to Peru where she worked intensively with Jon and Andean shamans, receiving rites to begin her work in shamanic practice. For her undergraduate education, Jennifer attended the University of Maryland and graduated with honors with a Bachelor of Arts degree in both Dance and Psychology. From there, she went on to pursue her graduate studies in Chicago at Columbia College where she received a dual Masters of Arts degree in Dance/Movement Therapy and Counseling.