CBSL 2013 Seminars 1 & 2
Ends Monday, October 7, 2013 at 6:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Community Based Service Learning Seminar Announcement
EC001 -- LEGAL IMPLICATIONS OF YOUR COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECT – Mon., Sept. 16, 4 to 6 pm, Location TBA.
John Scarfone, Associate General Counsel and Director of Research Compliance & Nakeschi Watkins, Risk Management, Yeshiva University.
Learn more about:
· What a medical student can and cannot do at Einstein and outside of Einstein
· Liabilities related to working with / at our affiliates (Jacobi, Montefiore)
· Memorandums of Agreement
· Working with Minors
· Working within your training limitations
· Working with Medical Supervision (especially in regard to health fairs)
· Releases / Permissions
· Fundraising Limitations
· Representing Einstein in the Bronx
This session is MANDATORY for all group leaders and optional for group members.
EC002 -- HOW TO GET THINGS DONE AT EINSTEIN – Monday, OCTOBER 7th (revised date) , 4-6 pm, Location TBA.
Martin Penn, CPA, Senior Administrator, Office of Education; Medina Byars, Program Assistant – CBSL; Ana Julia Cruz, Manager, CBSL.
· How do I order a cab? Can I get a Metro Card? How do I get pizza delivered without having to pay it out of my own pocket? How do I order an easel? How do I book a room? How do I get reimbursed? Free yourself from these tasks and focus on your meetings and projects as you learn about requisitioning services and purchases. These questions and more will be addressed at this seminar offered by CBSL staff and Einstein Administration.
This session is MANDATORY for all group leaders
Reservations are required: sign up here or
Ø Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ø Phone: 718-430-2300 or 4166
Ø In-person @ 407 Belfer
Light supper will be provided