San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Writing Workshop in Kansas City
Move readers to act in this persuasive writing workshop
If you want to Catch Your Readers, you need to think like a reader. Then you need to use the bait your reader likes, not the bait you like.
Problem is, many of the techniques we’ve institutionalized in business communication writing are not the bait the reader likes. In fact, some of the standards in the corporate communicator’s repertoire are more likely to hinder than help your chances at getting the word out.
In this persuasive writing workshop, we’ll debunk destructive writing myths. You’ll leave with scientific, proven-in-the-lab approaches for getting people to pay attention to, understand, remember and act on your messages.
Specifically, you’ll learn how to:
- Think Like a Reader
- Hook ‘Em With a Savvy Structure
- Cut Through the Clutter
- Lift Ideas Off the Page
- Get a Writing Workout With Wylie
8 a.m. Registration
9 a.m. Workshop begins
12 p.m. Lunch break
1 p.m. Workshop resumes
5 p.m. Workshop ends
Select your VIP level
- Two days of training
- Lunch each day (Please do let us know about your dietary issues and aversions when you register)
- Coffee and tea each morning
- Workbook for capturing your ideas and insights
Get more than $200 worth of learning tools for just $100:
- Everything at the Silver level
- More than $200 worth of learning tools:
- Think Like a Reader toolkit, a $127 value
- Cut Through the Clutter manual, a $49 value
- Get Good at Getting the Goods handbook, a $27.50 value
- Block Busters handbook, a $17.50 value
Get $297 worth of additional learning tools for just $100:
- Everything at the Gold level
- 12-month subscription to Rev Up Readership, a $297 value
Get follow-up support — plus an exclusive conversation with Ann:
- Everything at the Platinum level
- A 30-minute one-on-one phone consult with Ann after the workshop (a $500 value)
Sorry: only 10 Diamond tickets available!
Q. What are some of the hotels nearby?
A. Hotels near the Master Class
Please contact hotels directly for room rates and booking.
Q. What about parking and driving directions?
A. Coming soon.
Q. Do you offer any discounts?
A. We have no doubt that the Master Class will be the best $1,200 you invest this year on your professional development. But here are six ways to reduce that investment or boost your return on it:
- Save $100 when you book one of the first 20 tickets.
- Save $100 if you’re a PRSA member. (Join PRSA.) Save $100 if you’re a Rev Up Readership member. (Join Rev Up Readership.) Click “Enter promotional code”: Enter your promo code.
- Save $100 each when you bring two or more colleagues.
- Save $50 each when you bring one colleague.
- Earn a free, three-month Rev Up Readership subscription (or extension, if you’re already a member) — a $100 value — when you refer a friend who buys a ticket and attends the Master Class.
|VIP Level||Non-member||Rev Up Readership or PRSA member|
|Single||Double||3 or more||Single||Double||3 or more|
|Silver||Early bird ticket||$1,095||$1,045||$995||$995||$945||$895|
|Gold||Early bird ticket||$1,195||$1,145||$1,095||$1,095||$1,045||$995|
|Platinum||Early bird ticket||$1,295||$1,245||$1,195||$1,195||$1,145||$1,095|
|Diamond||Early bird ticket||$1,695||$1,645||$1,595||$1,595||$1,545||$1,495|
Q. May I pay by check or purchase order?
A. Yes, please contact us at Ann@WylieComm.com. Let us know how many and what type of tickets you need, attendee details and your preferred payment method. We will issue an invoice or purchase order if you need one.
Q. Should I bring a laptop?
A. Yes, please bring one. You’ll need it to edit your work and get feedback from your peers and me.
Q. Should I bring my writing sample to the workshop?
A. Yes, please bring your writing samples to the workshop. You’ll write, rewrite and edit and leave with a totally rewritten piece.
Q. How do I contact you?
A. Please email us at Ann@WylieComm.com
Q. May I update my registration information?
A. Yes. Please go to your ticket and update your registration information and dietary information.
Q. Should I bring my printed ticket to the workshop?
A. Yes, please bring a copy of the ticket to the workshop.
Q. What is the dress code for the workshop
A. Business casual.
Q. Do you accommodate special dietary preferences?
A. Please specify your dietary preference when you register.
Q. Will you sell my personal information?
A. No. We never share personal information with other companies.
Q. Can I cancel my ticket if I can't make it?
A. Can’t make it? Please feel free to send a colleague in your place. No charge for substitutions. If you must cancel via email:
- by Sept. 16, and receive a full refund, minus a $50 handling fee.
- by Oct. 16, and receive a 75% refund.
- Sorry, no refunds after Oct. 16.
Save This Event
When & Where
Ann Wylie works with communicators who want to reach more readers and with organizations that want to get the word out.