Writing Workshop in Houston
Learn to write copy that moves people to act
in this 2-day, hands-on writing workshop
If you want to Catch Your Readers, you need to think like a reader. Then you need to use the bait your reader likes, not the bait you like.
Problem is, many of the techniques we’ve institutionalized in business communication writing are not the bait the reader likes. In fact, some of the standards in the corporate communicator's repertoire are more likely to hinder than help your chances at getting the word out.
In this persuasive writing workshop, we’ll debunk destructive writing myths. (You’re not still married to the inverted pyramid, are you?!) You'll leave with scientific, proven-in-the-lab approaches for getting people to pay attention to, understand, remember and act on your messages.
Specifically, you’ll learn how to:
- Think Like a Reader: To move people to act, give them what they really want
- Go Beyond the Inverted Pyramid: Master a structure that’s been proven in the lab to reach more readers
- Cut Through the Clutter: Make every piece you write easier to read & understand
- Lift Ideas Off the Page: Draw readers in and reach nonreaders with display copy
- Get a writing workout with Wylie: Take your message from ‘meh’ to masterpiece when you practice your new skills on your own work
Registration starts at 8 a.m.
Select your VIP level
- Two days of training
- Lunch each day (Please do let us know about your dietary issues and aversions when you register)
- Coffee and tea each morning
- Workbook for capturing your ideas and insights
Get more than $200 worth of learning tools for just $100:
- Everything at the Silver level
- More than $200 worth of learning tools:
- Think Like a Reader toolkit, a $127 value
- Cut Through the Clutter manual, a $49 value
- Get Good at Getting the Goods handbook, a $27.50 value
- Block Busters handbook, a $17.50 value
Get $297 worth of additional learning tools for just $100:
- Everything at the Gold level
- 12-month subscription to Rev Up Readership, a $297 value
Get follow-up support — plus an exclusive conversation with Ann:
- Everything at the Platinum level
- A 30-minute one-on-one phone consult with Ann after the workshop (a $500 value)
Sorry: only 10 Diamond tickets available!
Q. What are some of the hotels nearby?
A. Hotels near the Master Class.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Energy Corridor
- Palace Inn Westheimer
- Candlewood Suites Beltway 8/Westheimer Road
- Houston Marriott Westchase
- Hilton Houston Westchase
- Hilton Garden Inn Houston Energy Corridor
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston - Energy Corridor
You can also view these hotels on our Pinterest map.
Please contact hotels directly for room rates and booking.
Q. What about parking and driving directions?
A. Directions, Maps and parking information.
Q. Can I cancel my ticket if I can't make it?
A. Can’t make it? Please feel free to send a colleague in your place. No charge for substitutions. If you must cancel via email:
- by Sept. 2, and receive a full refund, minus a $50 handling fee.
- by Oct. 2, and receive a 75% refund.
- Sorry, no refunds after Oct. 2.
Q. Do you offer any discounts?
A. We have no doubt that the Master Class will be the best money you invest this year on your professional development. But here are six ways to reduce that investment or boost your return on it:
- Save $100 - book an early bird ticket when you register by Aug. 1 Sept.15 - sold out!
- Save $50 - book an early bird 2 ticket when you register by Oct. 7.
- Save $100 if you’re a PRSA member. (Join PRSA.) Save $100 if you’re a Rev Up Readership member. (Join Rev Up Readership.) Click “Enter promotional code”. RevUpReadership members: Enter your RevUpReadership.com password. Others: Enter your promo code.
- Save $100 each when you bring two or more colleagues.
- Save $50 each when you bring one colleague.
- Earn a free, three-month Rev Up Readership subscription (or extension, if you’re already a member) — a $100 value — when you refer a friend who buys a ticket and attends the Master Class.
|VIP Level||Non-member||RevUpReadership or PRSA member|
|Single||Double||3 or more||Single||Double||3 or more|
|Silver||Early bird 2||$1,145||$1,095||$1,045||$1,095||$995||$945|
|Gold||Early bird 2||$1,245||$1,195||$1,145||$1,145||$1,095||$1,045|
|Platinum||Early bird 2||$1,345||$1,295||$1,245||$1,245||$1,195||$1,145|
|Diamond||Early bird 2||$1,745||$1,695||$1,645||$1,645||$1,595||$1,545|
Q. Can I bring my writing sample to the workshop?
A. Yes, you can bring your writing samples to the workshop.
Q. Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
A. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to contact us.
Q. Can I update my registration information?
A. Yes, you can go to your ticket and update your registration information and dietary information.
Q. Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the workshop?
A. Yes, please carry a copy of the ticket to the workshop
When & Where
Ann Wylie works with communicators who want to reach more readers and with organizations that want to get the word out.