San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Wedding! Marriage! Tie the knot! Hitched! You get the idea :) We have finally stapled down our date at our desired destination, the Iberostar Rose Hall in Montego Bay Jamaica. Sunday October 16th (10/16/16) at sunset 5:00p.m. We are utilizing a travel agent to arrange details, rooms, flights etc. The Iberostar Grand Resort has 3 buildings - Beaches where the ceremony will take place. Iberostar Suites, where we are staying with the kids. Iberostar Grand, which is adult only. Reception will follow in Indiana with friends and family, more details to come - date TBD.
Paul and I will be heading to Jamaica on 10/12/16 with Gabe and Payton. We will be staying at the Iberostar Suites as it is family stay. On 10/17/16 the day after our ceremony, we will transfer to The Grand in our favorite room for the remainder of our stay 10/17-10/22. We are providing this information for those attending without kids and for all you divers! The range to celebrate with us is 10/12 - 10/22 as noted above.
The Iberostar is an ALL-INCLUSIVE Resort. There are restaurants to choose from and make a reservation OR there are locations at each resort that is buffet style and all very good.
http://www.iberostar.com/en/hotels/jamaica Check it out.
Iberostar GRAND and SUITES has 24 hour room service, as well as butler service - all inclusive. Tip'em.
There are a variety of options for everyones budget and occupancy. We are going to reserve a small block of rooms at each location and once our guests have reserved, we will open that up to more. Please NOTE: you will need to reserve with the travel agent 65 days prior to 10/16/16. Ocean Front is a little more expensive than a regular suite for example. We trust you will work out your stay with the travel agent that best suits your needs.
Special! At Iberostar Beaches and Suites the 1st child under 12 in your posse is FREE. Flight not included.
Transportation to and from the resort is included in your package.
- Suites 5 Night Stay- Double occupancy - $900 per person. Ocean Front: $996
- Beaches 5 Night Stay - Double Occupancy - $670 per person. Ocean Front: $763
- Grand 5 Niight Stay - Double Occupancy - $1,183 per person. Ocean Front: $1,514
Flight costs will vary per airline: American Airlines $588 per person right now.
We will send a reminder periodocally. Please note a few things to prepare for travel:
- Make your reservation with the travel agent.
- Passport - make sure it's current and in good condition (Zach) we don't want any TSA problems at departure.
If you don't have a passport - you can go to your local post office or FedEx Store and allow 8 weeks.
If you are bringing children - divorced parents or those with a deceased spouse - there are extra steps. Give yourself time to complete the extra steps.
- Contact your banking institution or credit card company prior to departure. They must know where you are going and the time frame you will be gone for them to work outside the U.S. THIS IS IMPORTANT.
- It is jellyfish season in October - bring some water shoes if you wish.
- Pack a bag lightly you will be in your bathing suit most of the time.
- Sunglasses and sun screen are a must, you are closer to the equater and it's a different kind of sun.
- If you choose to stay off the resort - you must purchase a day pass to be on the resort.
- Sunset is 6 p.m. every night all year round.
- DIVERS - Paul will be diving after the ceremony - not literally but the following week we are there in case you want to plan your stay around a group dive. I will be posted up at the pool bar.
- They do have a stretcher and wheelchair for those that need a little extra transportation.
- Please be aware you are going to another country and they are not bound by our laws and what we consider illegal substances, they may not. Tops are optional - Europeans love to sunbath topless and speedos are always acceptable. Remember - you will be the foreigners so prepare yourself to be open minded.
- Be sure to check with your airline for prodcut carry on - nothing more than 3 oz for example or CHECK your bag and call it a day.
- American money is fine.
- Cigarettes, gifts, necesseties are NOT cheaper in Jamaica but just about anything can be purchased at a price.
- We are flying Delta but you have options.
- When flying international you MUST arrive 2 hours prior to departure and go through customes. When you get to Jamaica and then when you hit American soil (Atlanta or Dallas generally).
We will send more detail as we work through this.....like, Margaritaville which is also located very close to the resort. Kids are welcome until 7:00 p.m. Lots of free amenities - kayaks, catamarans, sailboats, snorkling etc. Excursions are also available - snorkling trips, scuba diving, jet skiis, ATV excursions, waterfall excursions. The hotel provides scheduled activities all day for kids and adults and celebrations every night.
Our ceremony is casual dress. I am going to recommend something as light as possible. It's gonna be HOT! We don't care what you wear, we are just happy you will be there. Please consider this your vacation and our ceremony on Sunday. Other than that, it's your time and we respect that.
Pack a bag, have some drinks and relax, you are on Jamaican time. No hurries and no worries.
Please contact Stephanie for deposits, room accomodations, upgrades, flight scheduling. Transportation is included. Stephanie will be your main point of contact for all reservations. Stephanie was highly recommended by our personal friends and is very accomodating.
Tracy Murphy Travel LLC
Contact: Stephanie Mansell
When & Where
Paul McVicker and Casey Kistler
Groom and Bride