CASE Speaker's Bureau Training
Thursday, October 20, 2011 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM (PDT)
One of the goals of the San Bernardino County Coalition Against Sexual Exploitation is to raise awareness of and help people identify victims of domestic minor sex trafficking. There is a need throughout the County to provide the general public, service groups/clubs and the faith-based community general knowledge about these issues and equip them with the tools they need to identify victims and get them the help they need.
One of the best ways we, as a coalition, can go about this is by making presentations to these groups about these issues and putting them in touch with the CASE team. Hence, a Speaker’s Bureau has been formed.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Be committed to speaking to at least 100 individuals about the issue of domestic minor sex trafficking.
· To be an ambassador to the community, raising awareness regarding the sexual exploitation of minors in San Bernardino County.
· To be informed about the issues and be willing to speak on behalf of the Coalition to interested groups.
· To be willing to be aware of incidents of human trafficking in your community and report suspicious activity to law enforcement and the CASE Team.
· To connect other interested individuals or groups with the CASE Team to further our work in the community.
· To report back to the CASE Coordinator whenever presentations are made in case further connection or follow-up needs to be made.
No specific time commitment: great way to volunteer for full-time employees, students and parents who want to become involved.
A great way to raise awareness in your own community about domestic minor sex trafficking.
Please call Anne-Michelle Ellis, CASE Coordinator