San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Who will be voted the best celebrity dancer in the Peoria Area? Find out on Saturday, November 2, 2013, at 6:00PM at the Par-a-Dice Hotel and Casino Ballroom when CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) of Peoria County presents its largest fundraiser, the 8th Annual, “CASAblanca – Dancing with the Local Stars”.
The event will feature eight Peoria Area dignitaries, business leaders, and celebrities paired with eight of the area’s talented instructors in a dance competition. Guest judges and event attendees will determine the “2013 Critics Choice Award” at the end of the dance competition. Do you have a favorite dancer? You can vote for them (in the form of dollars donated) to determine the “2013 People’s Choice Award”. Each dollar equates to one vote. So, donate $25 and your favorite dancer will receive 25 votes. Visit our website at www.CASAPeoria.org and make sure your favorite dancer wins!
The Local Stars and Dancing Pros include:
- Lesley Matuszak, CEO, Boys & Girls Club of Greater Peoria; with Mike Hinchman, Adjunct Professor, Illinois Central College and dance instructor strutting their stuff with an East Coast Swing/Rhumba Mix.
- Teri Cook, Owner, Cook Travel and Cruise; with Apollo Shaw, Dance Instructor, Peoria Latin Vibe Dance Company floating across the floor in Bachata style.
- Sarah Zallek, MD, OSF St. Francis Hospital; with Hal Weatherford, Dance Instructor, Just for Fun, creating smooth moves with the International Fox Trot and American Smooth.
- Cynthia Kennedy, Attorney, Bryan Cave LLP; with Darren Jackson, Editorial Designer, Peoria Magazines and dance instructor mixing it up with West Coast Swing/Jive Mix.
- Carl Cannon, CEO, ELITE; with Emoke Hergart, pharmacist and dance instructor spicing it up in Latin/Salsa style.
- Saverio Fato, Office Managing Partner, Price Waterhouse; with Dominique Alexandre, CASA supervisor and dance enthusiast dancing Argentine Tango.
- Tom Schlink, Commercial Loan Officer, PNC Bank, with Stanzia Weatherford, RN and dance instructor at Just for Fun, dancing Ballroom Compilations.
- John Bearce, Peoria area businessman; with his granddaughter, Lauren Pschirrer, Professional Ballerina, dancing the Waltz. Diana Scott will coach the family pair.
The Critics Choice Award will be judged by:
- Jim Buda, Executive Vice President, Law and Public Policy, Caterpillar Inc.
- Diana Hall, CEO, Bard Optical
- Chief Justice Thomas L. Kilbride, Supreme Court of Illinois
- Jennifer Lee, Independent Art Critic
The event will be emceed by Sandy Gallant, WEEK News 25 anchor and meteorologist, and is co-chaired by Kathleen Monge and Aneta Youngblood, both members of the Board of Directors of CASA of Peoria County. Tickets may be purchased for $150 per person or $1500 for a table of ten by calling the CASA of Peoria County office at 309-669-2939 or online at www.CASAofPeoria.eventbrite.com. The evening will feature food and cocktails, silent and live auctions, and the competitive dance contest. Sponsors of CASAblanca include: Par-A-Dice Hotel and Casino, Essential Wellness Pharmacy, Gwenne and Alan Henricks, G&D Integrated, CMFI, and Lisa Murphy Web Design. Call the CASA office at 309-699-2939 to learn how to become a sponsor of CASAblanca.