A free one day conference produced by the UCL Bartlett Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis (CASA).
- Find out about groundbreaking research being carried out at CASA, with talks covering crowd-sourcing and participatory mapping, sensing using social media and experience sampling, data dashboards, public transport, public bike schemes and more.
- Explore a brand new interactive exhibition, showcasing some of CASA’s latest models and maps.
- Meet and network with academic, public and private sector attendees during coffee breaks, a catered lunch, and an evening drinks reception.
Speakers will include:
- Keynote: Professor Carlo Ratti, Director, Senseable City Lab, MIT
- Professor Michael Batty, Chairman, CASA, Bartlett Professor of Planning
- Dr Andy Hudson-Smith, Director and Head of Department, CASA
- CASA researchers including Oliver O’Brien, Dr James Cheshire, Steven Gray, Richard Milton, Dr George MacKerron, Dr Jon Reades, Dr Joan Serras and Dr Duncan Smith
Detailed schedule to follow.
When & Where
Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis
The Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis is a department within the Bartlett, Faculty of the Built Environment, (The Bartlett). The Director is Dr. Andrew Hudson-Smith and the Chair of the Management Board is Professor Michael Batty with executive board members consisting of Sir Alan Wilson and Sonja Curtis.
CASA's focus is to be at the forefront of what is one of the grand challenges of 21st Century science: to build a science of cities from a multidisciplinary base, drawing on cutting edge methods, and ideas in modeling, complexity, visualisation and computation. Our current mix of architects, geographers, mathematicians, physicists, archeologists and computer scientists make CASA a unique department within UCL.
Our vision is to be central to this new science, the science of smart cities, and relate it to city planning, policy and architecture in its widest sense. The focus is on advancing the state of the art through research complemented by graduate study, undergraduate teaching, consultancy and distance learning.