CAROL STREAM PLANT TOUR - SEE MAIL BEING PROCESSED!
- Built in 1992
- 760,000 square feet on 63 acres
- 4.5 million pieces of mail processed daily servicing the 601 and 603 ZIP areas
- Houses a Bulk Mail Acceptance Unit and retail operations
- Houses a Flats Sequencing System (FSS) machine - 210 foot long
- FSS machine processes up to 200,000 pieces of Delivery Point sorted (DPS) flat mail daily
- 35 high speed sorting machines to process over 2 million pieces of DPS letters per day
- 3 miles of overhead conveyor that transport trays and tubs of mail from one operation to another
- All originating mail outgoing to the world including First Class collection box volumes from ZIP's 600, 601, 602,603, 610 and 611 are processed through this building
PLEASE WEAR CLOSED TOE SHOES FOR THE TOUR IN THE PLANT
Questions? Please contact Diane Winter at 847.602.1804 or Pam Walker 630.260.5400
Carol Stream Post Office
500 E. Fullerton Ave.
(west employee parking lot)
Carol Stream IL 60199
When & Where
Northern Illinois Postal Customer Council
The NIPCC is organized at the local community level to:
Establish regular communication between postal customers and local postal managers.
Provide opportunities for the exchange of ideas and suggestions.
Ensure that postal customers are aware of the latest in postal services and rates.
Create a better understanding of the Postal Service through business meetings, mailer clinics, mailing seminars, tours of postal facilities and visits to other customers' plants.
Provide information so that customers can make the most effective and efficient use of postal services and products.
The Postal Customer Councils help keep customers appraised of changes in service, make suggestions or improvements to their local Postal carriers, and give customers a role in the Postal decision-making process.
Provide an organized way for postal speakers to present postal programs to customers groups.
For more information, please visit our website: www.ni-pcc.org