Actions and Detail Panel
Caribbean GreenTech Startup Bootcamp
Fri, May 20, 2016, 6:00 PM – Sun, May 22, 2016, 8:00 PM AST
Come with an idea. Leave with a climate-saving business.
Caribbean GreenTech Startup bootcamp is an intense 54 hour weekend event, during which potential entrepreneurs will be empowered with the skills and tools relevant to start up a sustainable business focusing on clean technology solutions to impact climate change.
What to Expect
- Participants will be equipped with the knowledge on how to create a startup and identification of market issues through an education session to be held May 13, 2016. At the end of the education session, entrepreneurs should have ideas for clean tech startup.
- During the Bootcamp participants will pitch ideas for new cleanTech startup companies, select the top one, form teams around those ideas and build the foundation of their startups.
- By the end of the Bootcamp, startups will have a basic business plan, business model, and market research. They may also have begun ‘building’ their startups (developing software, prototyping, web site development, etc).
- Participants will have access to reputable business and technical mentors who will guide the teams developing their business idea.
- At the end of the bootcamp, we will be selecting the top teams to move on to Caribbean GreenTech Accelerator Program, where they will have access to mentors, seed funding, advanced training and access to potential investors.
The Bootcamp Process
- What is a startup
- Market problems of startups
Tools for business & product development
- Startup financing and financial management
- Strategies for messaging & brand
- Business plan
- Business model
- Market research
- Create a minimum viable product
- Transition to your startup
- Pitch to real customers to generate sales
- Pitch to local & international investors
- Pitch to other professionals to attract talented staff
Who Should Attend
Idea generators, business enthusiasts, business managers, developers, engineers, graphic artists, marketing gurus University students, graduates and others who are interested in green tech, climate change and startups.
* Note: Participants don’t need to quit school or their jobs. :)
What to bring with you
” Laptop, Business card (optional) and a great attitude"
5 Thematic Areas
The CleanTech business ideas should focus on either of the following five (5) thematic areas:
1) Resource Use Efficiency: For example: Waste-to-energy, materials recovery, reuse and recycling.
2) Water Management: Eg. Potable water, rainwater harvesting, efficient irrigation, wastewater treatment and recycling, water use efficiency, desalination.
3) Sustainable Agribusiness: Eg. Water/energy efficient irrigation systems; waste management; high-value agribusiness; sustainable land use practices; waste-to-energy; and wind and solar energy for farms.
4) Solar Energy: Eg. Residential and commercial self-generation, residential and commercial water heating, solar-powered air-conditioning.
5) Energy Efficiency: Eg. Lighting, household appliances, air-conditioning, commercial cooling and ventilation systems, consumer behavior, building energy management systems, building design and materials.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS MAY 13, 2016.