From June 13 - 17, join UChicagoGRAD for the third annual Careers in Consulting "Summer Camp." This five-day event gives graduate students and postdocs an introduction to the consulting industry; provides introductions to best practices in job documents and interviews; and serves as an opportunity to meet and talk with consultants from firms.
SPECIFIC DETAILS ON PARTICIPATING FIRMS WILL BE ADDED CLOSER TO THE EVENT.
- Monday: The Landscape of Consulting (an introduction to the Big Three, Boutique Consulting, Independent Consulting, and everything in between) 9AM-Noon
- Tuesday: Job Documents (best practices in resumes and cover letters for consulting positions can differ from other types of organizations and firms--learn from UChicagoGRAD staff) 9AM-Noon
- Wednesday: The "Fit" Interview (behavioral interview workshop with a focus on what consulting companies look for in advanced degree candidates) 9AM-Noon
- Thursday: The Case Interview (an introduction to the case interview with a live demonstration) 9AM-Noon
- Friday: Meet the Firms (after four days of practice and intro, get acquainted with consultants at a variety of firms) 9AM-1:30PM
We welcome graduate students and postdocs interested in applying for July recruitment deadlines; those interested in applying this fall; and those curious about consulting in general -- and who may or may not apply down the road. To think and communicate like a consultant (that is: in a structured and organized way) can -- believe it or not! -- be beneficial for graduate students and postdocs in their academic work. No matter whether you intend on a career in consulting, the camp may be useful to you.
Thanks also to our partners at Schilling & Associates and the Gargoyle Consulting Club for their support and involvement. We invite student and postdoc attendees to connect with these groups as they prepare for applications and explore diverse options in the consulting industry.