Cardiovascular Conference 2013
Daily Event: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (CDT)
Cape Girardeau, MO
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Linking Knowledge to Practice - and Practice to Outcomes
Speakers: Karen Marzlin, DNP, RN, CCNS, CCRN-CMC, CHFN, and Cynthia Webner, DNP, RN, CCNS, CCRN-CMC, CHFN, acute care clinical specialists and education consultants for Key Choice and Cardiovascular Nursing Education Associates
- Acute Coronary Disease Management: • Pathophysiology of STEMI/Non STEMI • Risk features and symptom variation • Updated evidence-based treatment strategies • The role of pharmacology
- ECG Recognition of ACS • The view of each lead • The three rules for advanced ECG reading • Implications of BBB • ECG and pain mimics
- Types of Myocardial Infarction and Their Significance • Anterior, inferior, lateral, posterior and right ventricular
- What Can Go Wrong After a STEMI • Updated evidence-based treatment strategies • Ventricular remodeling • Myocardial rupture • Hemodynamic instability • Electrical instability
- Revascularization: Current Trends • Percutaneous coronary intervention • CABG
- Secondary Prevention • Risk factor modification • Cardiac rehabilitation • Optimal medical management • Reducing risk of sudden cardiac death
- Update: AMI and CHF Core Measure Standards
Saint Francis Medical Center is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by Missouri Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. 7 contact hours provided.
Saint Francis Medical Center is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by Missouri Board for Respiratory Care. 4.5 contact hours provided.
Saint Francis Medical Center Employees should register via NetLearning.
To access Saint Francis Conference Center, please use Fitness Plus – Entrance 8, take the elevator to the third floor and follow signs to the conference center. If you have questions, please call Training and Development at Saint Francis Medical Center at 573-331-5107.
Saint Francis Conference Center
211 St Francis Dr
Saint Francis Training and Development
Saint Francis Medical Center offers many continuing education courses to healthcare employees throughout the region, including American Heart Association educational courses for healthcare providers, child care providers and lay rescuers. We deliver exceptional customer service built on years of experience and integrity. We look forward to having you in classes and working with you to meet your educational and training needs.
Many upcoming classes and seminars offered by Saint Francis Medical Center's Training and Development are open to healthcare employees throughout the region. Please call the 573-331-5107, or toll-free at 866-331-5107 with any questions.