Capturing good photos during the holidays can be tricky. Finding a balance in achieving the right lighting, nice portraits and keeping the warm atmosphere takes a little work. Luckily Glazer's is here to teach you just that!
In this 2 hour, hands on course we wil cover all the basics;
- White balance to get accurate skin tones for portraits.
- Using on and off camera flashes to light interiors as well as flattering portraits. We will discuss and practice changing direction of the flash and using modifiers to adjust the quality of the light.
- Depth of field coverage and lens choices will help you choose the best options for your holiday party.
- ISO and shutter speed practice will help prevent blurred action photos.
- Creative techniques like creating a bokeh effect will get you the dreamy images you want.
- Using flash settings to balance the subject with the holiday background will be a game changer in your holiday photography.
It will be helpful to have a working knowledge of your camera and photo basics, but all skill levels and camera types are welcome.
Students should bring their cameras with fully charged and/or extra batteries as well as any external flashes and flash modifiers you may have. If you own multiple lenses please bring them so we can teach you the best uses for them in a holiday setting.
Please contact us ahead of time if you need to borrow any flashes, modifiers or lenses.
Instructor, Ashlee is a professional photographer living, shooting and teaching in Seattle. She specializes in children and family portraiture, but has a passion for nature and landscapes. You can see her work at www.ashleemeyerphotography.com
Glazer's is now offering a wide range of new classes for all levels of photographers! We are proud to provide our community with skills and techniques to improve the quality of their work and introduce them to undiscovered interests in photography! Your input is always appreciated! Don't see a class you want to take? Suggest one here! Due to our class schedule, we are unable to provide refunds within 48 hours of a planned class or event. If you need to cancel, please do so in a timely manner so we can better serve all of our students and instructors.