Actions and Detail Panel
Capital Tour 2017 - Frankfort, KY
Fri, September 1, 2017, 5:00 PM – 11:55 PM EDT
Start point to be announced soon - we will do a quick WOD to rack up some reps for a Charity Challenge, then ruck approx 20 miles to the statehouse. Carry 20 lbs or 20 kgs, your choice. Make sure you have a reflective belt on your ruck, and a headlamp or flashlight. We will move as a group, at a 16-18min per mile pace, and take breaks as necessary. There will be a seven hour time cap. Upon reaching the capitol, we will hear a brief presentation about a historical figure (I'm accepting suggestions) then a patch ceremony. Beer and pizza will be provided, and a small merchandise table will display items for sale from our sponsors.
Rx Ruck = Complete 20 mile ruck in the allotted 7 hr time with Danny.
Scaled Ruck = Meet Danny at the 15 mile point at 2230 (10:30pm) and finish the last 5 miles with the team. Details on the 15 mile rally point will be distributed when the route is published.
– $30 per participant (half will be donated to OEW)
– 20 lbs per ruck (or 20kgs for the big boys and big girls)
– Ruck must have reflective belt or lights attached, for vehicle safety
– Each event will start at exactly 1700hrs (5pm) for Rx and 2230 (10:30pm) for Scaled
– Time cap of 7 hours to complete with patch ceremony at the end
– 50% of the proceeds from the event go to Operation Enduring Warrior (check out their awesome work below)
About Operation Enduring Warrior: OEW offers wounded veterans the opportunity to challenge themselves through various physically challenging events. OEW is made up of OEW Team Athletes, Community Ambassadors and Veteran supporters who join alongside our Adaptive Athletes in these challenging events. To find out more click here: http://enduringwarrior.org/about/