Actions and Detail Panel
CAPE/Oriental DreamWorks Panel & Mixer: WHY STORIES MATTER
Tue, March 14, 2017, 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM PDT
CAPE and Oriental DreamWorks presents WHY STORIES MATTER: CREATING SOCIAL CHANGE THROUGH ART & ENTERTAINMENT.
Meet and mingle with some of the most exciting Asian American voices in entertainment and the development team at Oriental DreamWorks, creator of high-quality entertainment including CG animated feature films and television series for audiences around the world.
David Henry Hwang | Tony-Award Winning Playwright (M. BUTTERFLY, YELLOWFACE) & TV Writer (THE AFFAIR)
Adele Lim | Screenwriter (CRAZY RICH ASIANS) & Writer/Co-Executive Producer (LETHAL WEAPON, CW's REIGN)
Kelly Hu | Actress (ARROW, THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, SCORPION KING)
Moderator: Jeff Yang | Author & Columnist (CNN Online, NPR, Quartz)
*panelists subject to change
DATE: Tuesday, March 14, 2017
6:30pm - Registration
7:00pm - Panel Discussion
8:30pm - Mixer with Refreshments
LOCATION: DreamWorks Glendale Campus
ADDRESS: 1000 Flower Street, Glendale, CA
PARKING: Please enter the lot through the main gate on Flower Street and check in with a photo ID. (Please see IMPORTANT INFORMATION below.) The guard will direct you to visitor parking. Once parked, please check in at reception in the main lobby of the Campanile Building (yellow building next to the parking structure). The event will be in the Campanile Building theater.
TICKETS: SOLD OUT!
*ALL TICKET SALES FINAL. NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES.*
Ticket sales end March 13, 2017 at 2:00pm.
- For security purposes and lot access, government-issued ID is required for entry.
- Make sure each guest is registered under their own name that matches the name on their government-issued ID.
- Tickets are non-transferrable.
- Tickets with the same attendee name will not be accepted and will be deleted without notification.
- WAITLIST POLICY: If the event is sold out, please register online for the Eventbrite waitlist. If a ticket becomes available, you will receive an email from Eventbrite to claim your ticket. There is a limited amount of time to claim your spot, so please check your email.
Special Thanks to: Peilin Chou, ODW Head of Creative; Justinian Huang, ODW Director of Development; Leo Chu, CAPE New Writers Fellowship Co-Chair
A non-profit organization, CAPE (Coalition of Asian Pacifics in Entertainment) champions diversity by educating, connecting, and empowering Asian American & Pacific Islander artists and leaders through entertainment and media. We strive to improve the image of AAPIs through our signature writing, acting, and executive trainings in TV, Film, and Digital.
To find out more about CAPE, visit: www.capeusa.org.