Cantonese-English conversations - Friday evenings, 6:00 - 9:00 pm
You will NEED to RESPOND to Craigslist address to get further information
6:00-6:30 pm - Arrive early - get past the HCSPH security guard, get water, chat...
6:30-7:00 pm - Bilingual introductions
7:00-7:30 pm - Talk in Two Languages (showing off competence in both)
7:30-9:00 pm - Open Conversation ('Free Chat') - talk with the others whom you like the most
* Names (first and last, as they appear on current ID)
* Where and how you've studied Cantonese (in Hong Kong or In China, in USA, online, in Chinatown) and your current proficiency level (conversational listening, beginning, intermediate, advanced, technical expert, medical expert, legal expert, etc.)
* Students, postdocs, fellows, researchers - we love you - come be part of a smart bilingual group
* Learners and teachers, we like you, also.
* Bring your skills and talents, your language experience, and we'll see how we can make this a high-quality FREE event (in several locations) for more people with this
Bilingual Cantonese-English conversational interest - each Friday, each week, all year
677 Huntington Avenue, Kresge Building, 2nd Floor
Longwood Medical Area (near Brigham Circle)
Boston, MA 02115
Need to RESPOND to Craigslist address to get building pass to building and location and date.
Give e-mail and first and last names.
Cantonese-English Chats are held weekly on Fridays - respond on THIS event ONLY to the Cantonese chat
Mandarin-English Chats are held weekly on Tuesday evenings. BOTH are running from 6-9 pm.
Those attending the Cantonese-English Chats which are held weekly on Fridays will be asked to speak in three languages (to the best of their abilities): Mandarin, English, and Cantonese. But single language users are welcome, although this is not an instruction class for the newbie.