Actions and Detail Panel
Cannabis Concentrate Production Technology Course
Sat, March 25, 2017, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM PDT
This Cannabis Concentrate Production (CCP) Technology course is designed for those interested in establishing, regulating, designing or operating a cannabis extraction facility. During this day long course, students will be given an in depth understanding of specific CCP requirements, different types of commercial extraction process, the chemistry behind the processes, post extraction processes, identified hazards and recommended controls.
This professional training will keep your interest and provide visual images of equipment and processes being discussed. In addition each student will receive a manual specifically written as a reference for attendees.
You will be taught by Jim Lieberman, a chemist and a certified industrial hygienist who has multiple publications in his field and has been recognized for his instructional ability. Your instructor practices what he preaches by assisting firms providing an effective design and compliance for CCP and CIP facilities. In addition, the course will review post extraction processing necessary to create commercial products from the extract.
This course in conjunction with equipment manufactures manuals will fulfill most state training requirements, and is certified by the Department of Health of Puerto Rico. This course will cover multiple technologies, which you may want to add to your current operations. The course will cover the science, technology and safety of the extraction and post extraction processing.
You will have the opportunity to have your personal questions answered; we are limiting attendance. SO DON’T WAIT!
Don’t miss this opportunity to save months of time and thousands of dollars planning, design and operating your facility.
Topics Covered in the Seminar:
- Applicable laws, regulations, standard & codes
- Necessary steps to establish an MCP facility
- Safety hazards associated with extraction
- Chemistry of extraction processes: Separations, solubility, selection of solvents
- Super-critical extraction
- Specific Processes & Equipment: hydrocarbon extraction, super-critical carbon dioxide & butane, closed loop systems, tincture production and winterizing
- Flow Charting of Systems
- Post-Extraction Processing: Degassing, decarboxilation, winterization, concentration infusion
- Waste: Hazardous waste, contaminated solvents, spent trim, recycling.
- Engineering and administrative controls
- Hands on exercises
THC reserves the right to change dates for future courses. If any changes are made within one month of the course date we will notify you and allow a full refund.
The course slides, manual and presentation are work products of THC Safety, Inc. As an attendee you agree not to make materials public or resell any course materials or use materials to create a competitive course.