CAMPUSPEAK College Speakers Academy 2013
Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 8:00 AM - Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 4:00 PM (EST)
Have you ever thought about speaking professionally at college campuses? Why not spend two days getting all of your questions answered at the only "how to" program conducted by professionals working full-time in the industry? CAMPUSPEAK is the nation's premier agency representing speakers to the college market, and this is an opportunity to pick our brains about everything for two full days.
Our professional staff and our speakers will help you understand:
• how to build a program that will appeal to college audiences
• how to spend your first marketing dollars (print materials? electronic marketing? conferences?)
• how to make those first customer contacts at colleges and universities
• the specifics about niche markets like fraternities/sororities, diversity, athletics and orientation.
• the first steps in setting up a speaking business.
• best practices for establishing strong customer service with higher educational professionals.
Best of all, College Speakers Academy is a small, intimate workshop WITH NO SALES PITCHES or bait and switch strategies designed to make you spend more. You get our staff and speakers for two full days. Nice and simple. We guarantee you will leave with a better idea if college speaking is for you, a series of first steps, tons of ideas, and all your questions answered.
Past attendees have included:
• Higher Education professionals of all varieties
• Speakers and Consultants already speaking to other audiences
• Non-profit professionals, authors, or individuals with a passion for a particular issue.
You do not have to have a program or keynote in place to take part in this workshop. People at all stages, from beginners to experienced pros, can enjoy this workshop and learn next steps.
This event will take place at the Hilton Bonnet Creek in Orlando, Florida.
Tuesday and Wednesday, December 3-4, 2013. 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, both days. You should plan to arrive in Orlando on Monday, December 2.
Faculty will include:
• Rick Barnes, Rick Barnes Presents, full-time campus speaker
• T.J. Sullivan, co-founder and CEO of CAMPUSPEAK, campus speaker
• Amy Butler, Director of Speaker Development for CAMPUSPEAK
Rooms at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek are available at a discount to participants at a rate of $179 (single/double) per night, plus taxes and a $21 per night, per room, resort fee. This is a great deal for a resort of this calibre on the Disney property. Bring the family! You must refer to "The Association of Fraternity/Sorority Advisors" when making your reservation. For reservations, call the Hilton at (407) 597-3600.
When & Where
CAMPUSPEAK was founded in 1999 as an agency representing college speakers. We have since expanded into areas including curriculum development, conferencing, and webinars. It is our mission to be a partner with campuses and with higher education organizations to improve college and university communities and the lives of students. We aim to be an agenda-setting organization within higher education.