Actions and Detail Panel
Cambridge - The LinkedIn Essentials UK Tour
Thu, May 4, 2017, 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM BST
The day is broken up into 4 sessions each covering a key business function of LinkedIn. It’s up to you whether you come for 1 or 2 sessions ... or indeed if you want to stay for them all. It depends on what you wish to get out of LinkedIn and the day.
The individual workshops are aimed at people who wish to:
* Get more customers for themselves or their company
* Realise the power of LinkedIn
* Find the decision makers you need to talk to
* Get a marketing edge over your competition
* Understand how to use LinkedIn to recruit more effectively
All of the techniques we look at can be achieved with the free LinkedIn account and we will of course be focusing on the new LinkedIn interface, Personal Profile and Company Pages, all of which will be in place at the time of the workshop.
LinkedIn is a powerful business tool and over the past 6 years I have worked with 100s of companies and many 1000s of individuals on how to get the most from it for their own purposes.
But, so many times at the start of the workshops, I hear people tell me when I ask what they want to achieve on LinkedIn that "I'm on LinkedIn but I don't really use it" or even more frequently "I don't know HOW to use it".
Today, we put that right.
The sessions will be seminar based using live examples on LinkedIn rather than hands-on so, while you can bring computers, it is not essential and indeed I find people miss things when they do.
Session 1: Creating your Ideal LinkedIn Profile & LinkedIn Blueprint
When I ask people how they use LinkedIn or what they want to achieve with it, more often than not I get the response that "Well, I'm on LinkedIn but I don't really use it" or even more commonly "I don't know HOW to use it".
If that sounds like you, then don't worry you are not alone!
In this opening session, we tackle exactly that issue and look at some key elements that will provide you with a framework to make your time on LinkedIn a success and help you take it to the next level with the tools at your disposal.
As our start point, we turn our attention to the key foundation block on LinkedIn that is your Personal Profile page and how to create one that really delivers for you and for your business, whatever the area you are focusing on.
As part of this we look at the key sections that you need to get to work for you, how to highlight your business messages and how to build in rich media (video, images etc) to make sure that it delivers the results you are looking for.
Bonus element: along with the slides you will also receive a 15 page document on "Setting up & Optimising your LinkedIn Profile"
* Anyone who wants to make better use of LinkedIn
* Anyone wanting to understand the new LinkedIn interface better
* Framework to help you make best use of your time on LinkedIn
* How to use LinkedIn effectively
* Making the best possible 1st impression with Connections
* Creating the ideal LinkedIn Profile for YOU
Session 2: The Essentials of Selling with LinkedIn
We are all looking to find and engage with new prospects, to generate quality leads for our business and find the best ways to turn those leads in sales. Here we look at how LinkedIn can be a powerful tool, able to help us in each of the key phases in the sales process.
Building on the Personal Profile we looked at in session 1, we identify and explore the ways in which LinkedIn can help you create opportunities in the different stages of the sales process and develop a plan to achieve your targets.
We help you to:
* identifying the companies you want to target
* find the names of the right people to talk to
* leverage your business relationships to create warm introductions
* engage with prospects and clients to develop more business
In this information packed session, we look at:
* how the best sales performers are using LinkedIn to open up more opportunities more quickly
* ways to increase word of mouth and referral opportunities
* ways to listen and track your prospects
* 4 templates that every person involved in sales needs to create to be effective on LinkedIn
* Anyone involved in selling or developing new business from dedicated sales people, to sole traders and small businesses and all of the marketing and support staff working in customer facing roles
* Understand how to use the Advanced search to find the people we want to talk to
* Identify key stakeholders in the companies we are targetting
* Creating targeted referral opportunities
* Templates covering how to connect, get introductions and engage with prospects
Session 3: The Essential Marketing Guide for LinkedIn
Marketing you, your skills and your achievements is one element that we can do brilliantly on LinkedIn - however, there are also huge possibilities that exist from company perspective, no matter what its size. In this session, we set about unlocking the marketing opportunities that exist in both instances and delve into the key options available on LinkedIn.
We work through all of the key options that are available to individuals, SMEs and corporates alike - we take a look at how to make best use of them and how to help streamline and plan your marketing to make it as efficient as possible and ensure whatever your aims you are working LinkedIn to best effect. We also identify the types of content that work best and look at ways in which you can leverage your connections and / or employees to help spread the word.
Specifically, we look at:
* LinkedIn Updates and what works best in terms of type, frequency and mix
* Using your Personal Profile as a Content Marketing tool
* Getting the best out of Company Pages & Showcase Pages
* Groups as a marketing tool
* Direct Marketing with LinkedIn
* Getting best results from LinkedIn Publisher
* Business people, Sales & marketing teams, Marketing managers, Sales Managers
* Understanding how to get the best from the marketing options on LinkedIn
* How to marketing effectively for free using the tools on the site
* Planning your marketing and developing the content you need
* Connecting up the options and creating a powerful marketing strategy
Session 4: LinkedIn for Recruiters and HR
The final session of the day looks at the area that LinkedIn is perhaps best known for and that is how it can help with the process of recruitment.
While we do look at the paid Jobs Board on LinkedIn and how to leverage LinkedIn's algorithm when creating your Job posting, this is not the main thrust of the session. Instead, we examine the range of alternatives which exist for the internal recruiter in terms of both proactive and more passive recruitment options. In doing so, we look at the possibilities that exist to proactively search for the best people, using the networks every company has in their employees, the Social Recruiting opportunities and the options available to market both the company and the openings you have.
Specifically, the key topics that are covered are:
1. How to proactively search for candidates
2. Promoting opportunities through free marketing options
3. Social Recruiting options on LinkedIn
4. Jobs Board & Paid Advertising
* HR teams, Internal recruitment professionals, Talent acquisition managers, Hiring Managers
* Understanding the variety of options that LinkedIn offers for recruitment
* How to search effectively for the people and skills you are interested in
* How to use the site to promote your roles and openings
* Developing the tools around your Social Recruitment opportunities
* How to get the best from LinkedIn's paid jobs area and advertising