Stewardship Dialogue: Volunteer Screening - Morning Session: (9:30-11:30am)
Explore the big picture of volunteer screening and engagement in this stewardship dialogue and strategic thinking session. This meaningful dialogue will uncover new considerations, and help to guide future discussions about what is important in volunteer screening and management.
Using a systems thinking approach, we will dive deep into underlying mindsets that inform volunteer screening practices and look at underlying structures, sources, and mindsets that influence volunteer engagement. Explore role that we, as nonprofit leaders, play in the issue of volunteer screening and the impact of police information
checks on volunteer engagement in Alberta.
Networking Lunch: (11:30am-1pm)
Volunteer Screening Panel Discussion - Afternoon Session: (1-3pm)
Participate in an informative panel discussion highlighting the best practices and challenges in Volunteer Screening by representatives from a spectrum of nonprofit sector organizations. Explore the scalability of screening practices, approaches and processes in volunteer engagement with community engagement specialists and colleagues.
Help to inform a provincial approach to developing enabling policy environment for screening and volunteer engagement.
* Ticket prices include lunch.
- Develop a deeper understanding of volunteer screening and engagement
- Identify ways to enhance your processes & policies
- Learn about systems thinking approach to complex issues
- Find ways to address screening in your organization, locally and provincially
- Learn from local experts about screening practices, scalability & strengthens network relationships