This workshop introduces 7th and 8th grade English teachers to the middle school ERWC modules that develp expository reading and writing skills aligned with the Common Core State Standards. The middle school ERWC modules are designed to compliment and support existing curricula and provide an early introduction to the skills emphasized in the high school ERWC modules. The modules help students acquire knowledge of what it means to read and write rhetorically and the ways in which this approach promotes career and college readiness at the high school level.
Teachers attending this workshop will be given:
- ERWC 7th-8th grade materials and other professional books and articles.
- Strategies for helping students achieve the CCSS standard for expository texts.
- An opportunity to calibrate middle school-level expectations with high school and college-level expectations.
Who should Attend:
• Middle School English teachers who plan to incorporate the ERWC modules into their instruction
• Instructional Coaches and District Administrators who train or supervise ELA instruction
Day 1 Monday, October 24, 2016 8:00 am - 2.30 p.m. Bronco Student Center, Ursa Minor
Day 2 Monday, November 14, 2016 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Bronco Student Center, Ursa Minor
Day 3 Monday, December 12, 2016 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Bronco Student Center, Ursa Minor
Note: This is a 3-day workshop. Participants must attend all three days in order to receive ERWC certification.
$295 per participant, non-refundable, payable by check or purchase order (PO) made out to Early Assessment Program.