Michael McDonough is Global Director of Economic Research & Chief Economist at Bloomberg Lp. Michael's topic will be: China's Future, The U.S. Presidential Election and the Possible Return of American Isolationism
Michael McDonough is the Global Director of Economic
Research and Chief Economist at Bloomberg LP. Based in
New York. Mr. McDonough built and manages a team of
economists across the Americas, Europe and Asia that
provides in‐depth analysis of macroeconomic data, policy
and trends, and participates in key financial conferences
and high‐level client meetings.
Previously, Mr. McDonough spent more than three years in
Hong Kong focusing on Asian markets, particularly in China,
while overseeing Bloomberg's newsletter operations in
Asia. Following this role, Mr. McDonough returned to New York to oversee Bloomberg’s
global economic business. This included product development and economic data and
functionality on the Bloomberg Professional service. He is widely quoted globally as an
economist and media spokesman.
Prior to joining Bloomberg in 2010, he served as an independent consultant throughout
the Asia region, advising hedge funds, central banks and government organizations about
macro‐trading strategies. Mr. McDonough began his career working as an economist and
global‐macro strategist covering Latin America at Deutsche Bank before joining its U.S.
economics team. Mr. McDonough is a member of the National Association for Business
Economics (NABE) and Chair of the NABE International Roundtable. He can be followed on
Twitter at @M_McDonough.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
There is a parking lot is located immediately West of The City Club, Ampco - Euclid / Prospect Gateway Garage
- Easiest access to this garage is off of Prospect Avenue (garage runs depth of entire block Prospect to Euclid (prospect surface lot + center tower + Euclid surface lot)
- Heading North on East Ninth Street turn LEFT on Prospect, garage on right
- Heading South on East Ninth Street turn RIGHT on Prospect, garage is on right
- Pull in off Prospect, across the street from United Church of Christ / diagonal from The Winking Lizard
- Garage is quite large; surface lot on Prospect Ave side + tower up center + surface lot on Euclid side
Self Parking is available on a first come, first parked basis – there are no reserved spots
- Parking at this garage is $8/car for the day, $6 if arrival is after 4pm - unless otherwise posted for a game / concert ...
- The City Club can validate parking, from this garage & this garage only, from 11:01am – 1:59pm Monday-Friday, ticket MUST be presented AT front desk of City Club for valid validation, discount for validated tickets reduces lunchtime parking to $3/car.
Alternative: Valet Parking is available at The 9
- The City Club can validate parking, from this garage & this garage only, from 11:30am – 2:00pm, Monday-Friday, ticket MUST be presented AT front desk of City Club for valid validation, discount for validated tickets reduces lunchtime parking to $10/car.
- Again, there are NO reserved spots – parking is available on a first come, first valeted basis
Also, feel free to check out https://www.cityclub.org/about for more parking option around the Downtown Cleveland area
- Additional, non-discounted downtown parking can be found in the Atrium Garage (645 W Prospect), 645 Prospect Prospect Garage, Ameritrust Garage (900 Prospect), Gateway Prospect Parking (944/1002 Prospect Ave) and Osborne 1057 Prospect Garage
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
John King, 330-289-9446 or email@example.com
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
What is the refund policy?
24 hour notice please.