BYT & Pink Line Present: BURST! @ Artisphere
Saturday, October 9, 2010 at 8:00 PM - Sunday, October 10, 2010 at 2:00 AM (EDT)
PRESALE IS OVER BUT TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR BOTH CASH AND CREDIT. SEE YOU ALL SOON!
UPDATE: We've added free buses every 15 minutes back and forth all night from Dupont circle, see below! Muuuuuuah!
UPDATE: TLC will be there filming an episode of their new reality show at the event, details below! TeeVee!
On October 9th, for (sort of) the first time in the history of time ever, Pink Line Project and BrightestYoungThings are coming together to celebrate the launch of the most spherical, most culturally centered of cultural centers around:
EASIER TO GET TO THAN H STREET:
If you're anything like us, you're wondering what "Arlington" is, and how to get there. Leaving the shire is scary, but the rewards are fantastic, so here's what you do:
- METRO: Artisphere is ONE BLOCK from the ROSSLYN metro, on the BLUE AND ORANGE lines, SEVEN MINUTES from METRO CENTER. (And there's no problem getting back - last train leaves Rosslyn at 2:57, and All Trains Meet at Metro Center so you can catch your transfer to the Red Line no sweat.) DON'T BE A LAZY HIPSTER.
- CAB: It's an $8 cab ride from Adams Morgan, cheapskate
- CAR: Artisphere is right on the other side of the Key Bridge in Georgetown, and there's A FREE PARKING GARAGE right downstairs BAM
IMPORTANT GETTING "THERE AND BACK" UPDATE:
FREE BUSES!!!! Two yellow school buses running back and forth all night, from 7:45pm to 1:45am, between dupont circle (spot where nyc bus picks up) and artisphere, free for all, no need to have advance purchase to get on the bus
OH MY WHAT DO WE HAVE FOR YOU?
Well, first off, you get to be on TV! Everyone wants to be on TV! TLC is filming an episode of a new reality show at this party. For real. Let's manufacture some fake reality TV drama!!! Bonus: it's starring DC's favorite balloon mistress Katie Balloons - remember all the cool balloon stuff we've had at our previous events? That was all her.
DJ Chris Burns in FULL SWEAT MODE:
Special "Family Hemerlein All-Stars" performance in Artisphere's DOMED IMAX THEATRE for all your hotties/music/comedy/feelings needs. Limited seating!
$30,000,000trillion000,000 WORTH OF BALLOON SCULPTURES which according to our calculations is roughly equivalent to this:
But wait there's more!
- FREE beer and wine all niiiight:
- Super skate art installation (not skate-able! damn.) with a sweet taste of vitaminwater flavors (XXXXXXtreme):
- A full slate of performance artists, featuring Mamoru Iriguchi from some foreign lands we can never get right (courtesy of the British Council tho)
- TWO makeout theatres with movies and lazers and stuff
- Two best house parties on the east coast
- Giant balloon stuff
- Family Hemerlein show included (starts around 9pm and limited seating so get there early)
- Free-as-in-free beer and wine all night
- ALL AGES!
- Make-out facilities
- FREE buses from Dupont circle every 15 mins all night (no need to have a ticket)
- One block from Rosslyn metro stop
- FREE parking garage
- You'll be on a ridiculous reality show if you want