BYT & Capital Pride Present: Somewhere... at the Newseum!
Friday, June 10, 2011 at 9:00 PM - Saturday, June 11, 2011 at 1:00 AM (EDT)
***An Official Capital Pride Event***
UPDATE: Orders under last name A-M should use the Pennsylvania Ave. entrance; orders with last name N-Z should use the C St. Entrance! VIP Orders should use the Priority C St. Entrance.
From the team that brought you Homo Erectus: The Evolution of Pride...
Like Prince William and Princess Kate, Brightest Young Things and Capital Pride are back together and planning a legendary party. But unlike the royal wedding, we only have one thing in mind:
And this year, we have the whole Newseum to turn into a rainbow fantasyland.
Here's what you get:
- DJs Ultra Naté and Lauren Flax
- With Lisa Moody, Natty Boom, and DJ MAJR
- + A live performance by Sherell Rowe AKA RAINBOW BRITE
- Exclusive after-hours access to the Newseum -- a dazzling, high-tech roller-coaster ride through 500 years of headline history including Pulitzer Prize-winning photojournalism, the Berlin Wall and exciting galleries, theaters and interactives -- Later than ever before!
- No dress code (rainbow attire encouraged)
- Drinks and food available for purchase — all provided by Wolfgang Puck Catering, with specialty cocktails by SMIRNOFF and other Diageo brands
- Bars located on the 1st, 2nd, and 6th floors + the lower level + the elevators, natch
- A rainbow moonbounce for you to play Rainbow Brite on
- Movie theater showing the best of gay cinema (not like that, pervs)
- The Berlin Wall on display to help you celebrate the true pleasures of capitalism
- Photobooth to make all your memories real
And here's Timur's description of the VIP room!
Join Washington's very own Timur Tuğberk for Pride's only VIP event.
Tucked away on your own private terrace and mezzanine, VIP guests will enjoy Private Lounging (in and out doors), Two Private Bars featuring Ketel One and other premium liquors for the regular cocktail price, Scantly Clad servers, extra performances, and of course a peak down into all the madness below at the Newseum.
<--- Lauren! Heart you girl.
Hey, did you go to our first Newseum after-hours party way back in December? Then read this:
We know: that crazy line sucked. But we fixed it last time and there were no lines at all anywhere. We still gotta get 3000 people through the door, but we got rid of that weird funny money situation, beefed up the registration/bar/drink ticket staff, and basically fixed all the bottlenecks we had. See, we really do listen/care/love you.