Byblos Startup Weekend March 2013
Friday, March 1, 2013 at 6:00 PM - Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 9:00 PM (AST)
For more info, contact email@example.com
If you want to pay at the door for your ticket, there is an offline payment method at the bottom right once you get to the payment page!
Refund Policy: No refunds will be granted within 7 days of the event if food and drink have already been ordered. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
About Startup Weekend: Startup Weekends are 54-hour events designed to provide superior experiential education for technical and non-technical entrepreneurs. Beginning with Friday night pitches and continuing through brainstorming, business plan development, and basic prototype creation, Startup Weekends culminate in Sunday night demos and presentations. Participants create working startups during the event and are able to collaborate with like-minded individuals outside of their daily networks. All teams hear talks by industry leaders and receive valuable feedback from local entrepreneurials. The weekend is centered around action, innovation, and education. Whether you are looking for feedback on a idea, a co-founder, specific skill sets, or a team to help you execute, Startup Weekends are the perfect environment in which to test your idea and take the first steps towards launching your own startup.
What is special about this event : A web security workshop will be held in startup weekend .It will include a teaching session and then a kind of "Capture the Flag" contest.
Register here :
Workshop starts on friday 1:30 pm .
Duration : 8 hours
The workshop will cover the top web security risks, among them are:
- SQL Injection
- Cross Site Scripting
- Broken Authetication and Session Management
- Cross Site Rrequest Forgery
- Insecure Direct Object Reference
- Insecure Cryptographic Storage
- Failure to Restrict URL Access
- Unvalidated Redirects and Forwards
- Insufficient Transport Layer Security
Who Should Attend the workshop?
- Application Developers
- Application Testers and Quality Assurance
- Application Project Management and Staff
- Chief Information Officers, Chief Information Security Officers, Chief Technology Officers, Deputies, Associates and Staff
- Chief Financial Officers, Auditors, and Staff Responsible for IT Security Oversight and Compliance
- Security Managers and Staff
- Executives, Managers, and Staff Responsible for IT Security Governance
- IT Professionals Interesting in Improving IT Security
- Anyone interested in learning about or promoting Web Application Security