San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
2017 WORKING AGENDA (subject to change)
BWOPA/TILE Annual Legislative Learning Day Sacramento
Legislative Office Building * Room 100
- Arrive at Sacramento
10:30 to 11:15am
- Check-in Central Hub
Review BWOPA Issues
- Review Quick Tips: How to Successfully Meet With Your Legislator
- Group Assignments
- Lunch Disbursement
Greetings from Representatives
GROUP TOUR #1
- Groups Depart to Capitol
- Legislative Meeting Assignments - State Building
- GROUP TOUR #2
- Guest Speakers Invited
- Legislative Meeting Assignments
- GROUP TOUR #3
3 - 3:30pm
- Debriefing Session
- Closing Remarks by Hon. Dezie Woods Jones
- Group Photo
*Don’t forget to complete your Evaluations, Meeting Report Forms and Legislator Thank you Cards*
When & Where
Black Women Organized for Political Action (BWOPA) mission is to activate, motivate, promote, support, and educate African-American women about the political process, encourage involvement, and to affirm our commitment to, and solving of, those problems affecting the African-American community.
BWOPA's purpose is to...
- Provide leadership, training and mentoring to insure participation in the political process; (TILE)
- Developing long-range strategies to insure representation of African Americans within the political spectrum.
- Articulate our collective positions on issues affecting African Americans;
- Develop collaborative linkages with other political organizations; and
- Preserve and chronicle the political experience of African American women in California.