Actions and Detail Panel
Buy It or Build It! - CDC/504
Tue, September 19, 2017, 11:30 AM – 12:45 PM CDT
Free-of-charge SBA financing session on specialized loan program for new and existing small businesses.
The CDC/504 Loan Program is a fixed rate, long term financing tool providing small businesses requiring “brick and mortar” financing to acquire major fixed assets for expansion, purchasing land, construction, renovation of existing facilities; or purchasing long-term machinery and equipment.
To be considered for Certified Development Company(CDC)/504 loan, applicants must meet these eligibility requirements:
- Operate as a for-profit company
- Do business (or propose to) in the United States or its possessions
- Has a tangible net worth less than $15 million and an average net income less than $5.0 million after taxes for the preceding two years.
- Loans cannot be made to businesses engaged in speculation or investment in rental real estate.
- Be an eligible type of business. While the vast majority of businesses are eligible for financial assistance from the SBA, some are not. Check this list of eligible and ineligible types of businesses to see if your company qualifies.
- Under the 504 Program, Plan to use proceeds for an approved purpose. CDC/504 loan proceeds may be used for the financing of fixed assets like real estate or equipment. This list explains Eligible and Ineligible Use of Proceeds.
- Not have funds available from other sources. SBA does not extend financial assistance to businesses when the financial strength of the individual owners or the company itself is sufficient to provide all or part of the financing. Both business and personal financial resources are reviewed as part of the eligibility criteria. If these resources are found to be excessive, the business will be required to use those resources in lieu of part or all of the requested loan proceeds.
- Ability to repay the loan on time from the projected operating cash flow of the business
- Good character. SBA obtains a "Statement of Personal History" from the principals of each applicant firm to determine if they have historically shown the willingness and ability to pay their debts and whether they have abided by the laws of their community
- Relevant management expertise
- Feasible business plan
Parking Options - Price may vary
City of San Antonio Public Parking Lot on E. Houston St. under IH37 overpass, next to the Red Roof Inn $2.50/per day
Meters behind Hipolito F. Federal Building on various streets
First Presbyterian Church Parking Lot - McCullough Ave at Ave E
Scottish Rite Parking Lot - 4th Aly
Houston Street Garage (hourly/flat rate) - 240E. Houston
Convention Center Garage (flat rate) - 850 E. COmmerce
St. Mary's Street Garage (flat rate) - 400 N. St. Mary's
Houston/Nolan Lot (Daily/flat rate) - Houston at Elm
Bonham Lot (flat rate) - 330 Ave E.
Medical Arts Lot (flate rate) - 304 Ave E.
Crockett Lot II (flat rate) - 824 E. Houston St.
Travis Lot (flat rate) - 201 Broadway
Bowie Lot II (flat rate) - 328 E. Crockett/Bowie
Commerce St. Garage II (hourly rate) - 849 E. Commerce
Crockett St. Garage II (hourly rate) - 300 E. Crockett
Hyatt Regency San Antonio Garage - 110 Lasoya St.
About the SBA
The SBA helps Americans start, build and grow businesses. Through an extensive network of field offices and partnerships with public and private organizations, SBA delivers its services to people throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, the U. S. Virgin Islands and Guam. Follow SBA on Twitter and like SBA on Facebook to learn about new developments and news of the U.S. Small Business Administration
Date and Time
SBA San Antonio District Office
Hipolito F. Garcia Federal Courthouse
615 E. Houston St Ste 298
San Antonio, Tx 78205