Actions and Detail Panel
Thu, November 24, 2016, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM GMT
This whole day course is designed to help participants from voluntary and community sector groups to plan and write a business,strategic or operational plan, whether this be a one year, three year or five-year plan. It will cover the merits and uses of different types of plans, what subject areas to include, the level of detail and how to structure the plan or plans. The course will be of value to both small and larger organisations. Part of the day will be given over to individual or pair work, planning the structure and making a start on writing part of the plan.
- Understanding the differences between strategic, business and operational plans
- How to use the plan in day-to-day operations
- Pitfalls to avoid
- What content should be included in different plans
- What preparation is needed to write business plans and who to involve in the business planning process
- Structuring your plan
- Timetabling the business plan process
- Monitoring and evaluating your plan.
- To help participants to analyse strengths and weaknesses in their organisation
- To help participants understand why business planning is important and the uses of a Business Plan
- To provide a framework for writing a Business Plan
- To allow participants the opportunity to make a start on writing a Business Plan
- To ensure that a Business Plan is used for monitoring purposes.
People working or volunteering in the voluntary and community sector as staff, trustees or committee members and those staff in statutory agencies who work closely with VCS groups or on community projects.
As part of the afternoon session will allow participants time to make a start on writing a business plan, participants should bring relevant materials with them e.g. background papers, budgets etc.
About the trainer
Robin is a freelance VCS trainer and consultant, normally working in Suffolk and Essex. For many years he was Training Manager for Suffolk Association of Voluntary Organisations. He has also written the non-accredited 12 module Trustee E-Learning Programme which has been endorsed by the Charity Commission as well as many online "practical toolkits" on subjects as diverse as Managing Volunteers, Minute Taking, Stress Management, Writing Policies and Procedures and Writing Good Funding Applications. He has chaired a number of trustee boards and so understands many of the issues that Boards have to face.
10.00am-4.00pm - Please arrive by 9.45am to sign in - A buffet lunch will be served.