“Business for Peace” Launch Event
Thursday, September 19, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Drawing on over a decade of experience working with the private sector to explore the role of business in contributing to peace, the UN Global Compact is launching Business for Peace (B4P). This leadership platform will expand and deepen private sector action in support of peace in the workplace, marketplace and local communities. To galvanize progress and scale up positive impacts, B4P will mobilize high-level corporate leadership to advance peace through actions at the global and local levels. These transformative activities will help to build strong economies and prosperity, establish more stable and just societies, foster tolerance, create trust and bolster intercultural and inter-religious understanding.
The Business for Peace Launch Event will:
- Introduce the new Business for Peace platform, its logic and modalities.
- Spur support and engagement from UN Global Compact participants and mobilize private sector action that can contribute to peace.
- Showcase good practices examples of corporate actions to advance peace from around the world.
- Highlight successful examples of Public-Private Dialogue (PPD) -- a tool to foster multi-stakeholder dialogue and prioritization of projects and initiatives that can have a positive impact on peace.
- Highlight examples of UNGC Local Network activities to support corporate actions that contribute to peace.