Come to New York in February and join us for the inaugural BUSINESS AGILITY CONFERENCE.
2 days of authentic short stories and facilitated deep dives on business agility; focusing on organisational design, market disruption and product innovation, agile outside IT and next-gen leadership.
You can find more detail at our website: http://businessagility2017.com/
ABOUT BUSINESS AGILITY 2017
The first conference for authentic stories and great storytellers on business agility; anything from agile outside IT, organisational design and product innovation to next-gen leadership.
Business Agility 2017 is an intense 2-day conference focusing on agile outside IT, including its applications in organisational design, product innovation, and next-gen leadership. We are bringing together some of the greatest speakers and practitioners of business agility to share their experiences and the benefits their organisations have gained from exploring new and agile practices. We will host insightful and authentic talks and workshops in one of the premier hotels in New York City. This is the first time anyone has run a conference of this kind and the demand is clear.
We are bringing together some of the greatest speakers and practitioners of business agility to highlight their experiences and the benefits their organisations have experienced. We will host insightful and authentic talks and workshops right in one of the premier hotels in New York City.
Day 1 - February 23
Introducing Business Agility - What does it mean to be an agile organisation - you've heard the buzzword and seen the articles, but what is Business Agility?
- Phil Abernathy: Structuring your business for Agility
- Steve Denning: What is business agility?
- Tim Lister
- Deep Dive: Panel on learning organisations
Agile Organisation Design - Whatever you want to call it - cross-functional, self-organising, teal, or self-management - how do leading agile organisations design themselves?
- Doug Kirkpatrick: The Age of the Self-Managed Organization
- Stephen Parry: Designing organisations that work for Lean and Agile thinking people
- Paul Takken & Michael DeAngelo: Modernizing Government - How Agencies Became Awesome Places to Work using Holacracy & Scrum
- Deep Dive: Structural agility modelling
Governance & Strategy - How do agile organisations ensure the right work is done? What do KPIs, corporate objectives, regulatory compliance or accounting standards look like?
- Scott Ambler: Disciplined Agile Business Agility - One Size Does Not Fit All
- Bjarte Bogsnes: Beyond Budgeting – Business agility the C-level understand (and are starting to like)
- Dan Montgomery: Business Agility in a Social Services Agency - Evolving from Waterfall to Agile Strategic Planning
- Deep Dive: Lean coffee
Leadership & Empowerment - How do you lead an agile organisation? From delegation to servant leadership to self-management. We'll explore what it means to be a leader.
- Nick Horney: Leadership Agility in a VUCA World
- Amber King & Jesse Huth: Forming Self-Selected Teams - How to Create Happy, Empowered, and Effective Teams
- Renee Troughton: Reality bites and stranger things
- Deep Dive: Personal leadership assessment
Day 2 - February 24
Leading the Transformation - How do you lead the change? How do you get 1,000's of employees to align to your vision of an agile organisation?
- Paul Cobban: The 22000 person start-up
- David Grabel: Transforming an Advertising Agency - Bringing an Agile Mindset Beyond Engineering
- Venkat NS: Approach and dimensions to accelerate business agility
- Deep Dive: Transformation pitch
Business Innovation - How have agile organisations used their agility to continuously adapt in an unpredictable, VUCA, market?
- Andrea Fryrear: A Common Sense Journey Into Agile Marketing
- Pat Reed: Adaptive Leadership and Value Innovation
- Iqbal Singh: Innovation Agility – who says the corporate behemoth can’t achieve
- Deep Dive: Innovation research
People & Engagement - What does engagement in an agile organisation look like?
- Fabiola Eyholzer: Boost Business Agility with Contemporary HR Practices
- Chip Loving & Jason Hall: Sustaining Happiness Once You Have It
- Isabella Serg: Creating a Culture of Value through HR
- Deep Dive: Lean coffee
Fearless Change - How do agile organisations embrace change?
- Todd Little: Stand Back and Deliver
- Katy Saulpaugh: Agile Reorgs - A Survival Guide
- Kelly Snavely: Women in Agile and the Confidence Code
Day 3 - February 25 (Bonus Day)
Open Space - An open event to discuss business agility without any formal agenda, beyond the overall purpose or theme.