Actions and Detail Panel
Burly Beer Festival: Mills River, NC
Sat, April 1, 2017, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM EDT
Burly Beer Festival is Back!
Explore 55 Breweries and OVER 120 Beers!
The North Carolina Craft Brewers Guild (NCCBG) has partnered with Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. to invite more than 50 breweries to join us at Sierra Nevada’s brewery in Mills River, NC, for the 2nd Burly Beer Festival. All participating breweries will bring their heartiest brews for you to enjoy.
• BEER: 55 Breweries from across the country will be attending! Over 120 beers will be on site to taste.
• INDUSTRY EXPERT DISCUSSION PANEL: Early Access ticket holders receive exclusive access to the expert brewer’s discussion panel. Panel members include:
- Bill Manley – Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Brent Manning – Riverbend Malt
- Tommy Kramer – The Lost Abbey
- Jeremy Kosmicki – Founders Brewing
- Basil Lee – Finback Brewing
Proceeds from the event will benefit the NCCBG, a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to advance the interests of craft breweries of North Carolina and to promote North Carolina craft beer.
Come raise your goblet to pay homage to the end of winter and warm your soul with the best burly ales. We’re toasting the spiced and the barrel aged, the stouts and the barleywines, and the big-hearted men and women who love them. Cheers!
• WHEN: April 1, 2017, 1:00- 5:00 pm (12 pm for Early Access ticket holders!)
• WHAT: Rare beer, interactive exhibits, local food, live music, good cause, great times for all
• WHERE: Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. at 100 Sierra Nevada Way Mills River, NC 28732
This event is outside, so we suggest checking the weather and dressing accordingly!
Tickets are limited and will sell out - Plan ahead and purchase early!
Absolutely all guests must be 21 or older. Children and pets will not be allowed into this event.
Ticket Options & Pricing
General Admission (1pm-5pm): $55 - Includes admission, a commemorative tasting glass, live musical entertainment, and tasting pours from more than 50 breweries. Samplings of local fare from food trucks and the Sierra Nevada Taproom will be available for purchase.
Early Access (12pm-5pm): $70 - Includes admission 1 hour early, an exclusive viewing of a discussion panel featuring brewing experts, a commemorative tasting glass, live musical entertainment, and tasting pours from more than 50 breweries. Samplings of local fare from food trucks and the Sierra Nevada Taproom will be available for purchase.
Designated Driver (1pm-5pm): $30 - Includes admission, a commemorative tasting glass, and live musical entertainment. Samplings of local fare from food trucks and the Sierra Nevada Taproom will be available for purchase. Your wristband will indicate that no beer is to be served to you.
More about what's to do:
- Beer from around the country! This is a beer festival after all. More than 55 breweries from around the country will feature their burliest, biggest, and rarest offerings for you to sample in your commemorative tasting glass. We’re thrilled to host a bunch of our local brewery friends as well. Find our full brewer list at sierranevada.com/burlybeers.
- Music: Forlorn Strangers (Nashville – Innovative American Folk), Big Daddy Love (Winston-Salem – “Appalachian Rock”)
- Food from local food trucks and the Sierra Nevada Taproom: We'll be bringing in some of our favorite local food trucks such as Bun Intended, Tin Can Pizzeria, and Melt Your Heart. On top of that the talented professionals from the Sierra Nevada Taproom are bringing their best burly beer-inspired dishes! We’ll have several food stations for you to choose from to find bites to eat. Festivalgoers can purchase fare from 12:00 to 5:00 pm. Please bring a reusable bottle or canteen for water and other non-alcoholic beverages.
- Interactive Exhibits: Play with and learn about malt with Riverbend Malt, and hear about the joys of barrel-aging and creating the burliest beers around from some of the best in the industry!
- North Carolina Craft Brewers Guild: Proceeds support a wonderful cause - BEER! The NCCBG’s mission is to advance the interests of craft breweries of North Carolina and to promote North Carolina craft beer.
Visit this website to see more FAQs about the festival: sierranevada.com/burlybeers
How do I get to the Burly Beer Festival?
Please don't drink and drive!! - Really, we can't stress this enough... if you overindulge, leave your car and come back for it the next day. Take the free shuttle to Asheville or Hendersonville; you'll make some new friends while keeping yourself and everyone else safe.
**THERE IS NO FESTIVAL PARKING AT SIERRA NEVADA**
From Asheville - Carrier Park in West Asheville - Leave your car in Asheville and let us shuttle you to the event. Seriously, do it! The shuttles to the festival will run continually beginning at 11am until 5:15pm. Shuttle pick-up and drop-off will be in Carrier Park in West Asheville near the race track. If you're up for biking in early April, we encourage you to do so! Carrier Park has bike racks available for you to lock your bike to. If you choose to ride your bike, please do so responsibly!
From Hendersonville - Court House Annex Lot – We’ll have shuttles continually running from Hendersonville during the festival, beginning at 11:00am until 5:15pm. The shuttle stop will be at the Court House Annex Lot adjacent to Fourth Ave and Grove Street in downtown Hendersonville.
Complimentary parking available at the WNC Agricultural Center (Gate 7) located two miles from the brewery. Shuttles will be on hand to take you to the festival entrance starting at 11am and will run continually until after the festival finishes. If you need to, please leave your car overnight in the parking lot and pick it up the next day.
THERE IS NO FESTIVAL PARKING AT SIERRA NEVADA
PLEASE FEST RESPONSIBLY
Proceeds from the event will benefit the North Carolina Craft Brewers Guild. The North Carolina Craft Brewers Guild (NCCBG) is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to advance the interests of craft breweries of North Carolina and to promote North Carolina craft beer.